Chapter Sixteen

"So much for taking a shower." Zak spoke as he lay next to DJ on his side with DJ on her back in front of him. DJ smiled and rolled her head over to look at Zak.

"Thank you." DJ replied with a heavy breath.

"For what?"

"For not giving up on me when I left." Zak kissed her forehead and let his lips linger there. DJ's eyes closed and she wrapped her hand around his arm.

"You know I could never stop loving you." DJ smiled and pecked Zak's lips. "You feel better that we're finally getting a break and going home?"

"I'm very happy but I've been thinking." DJ replied and Zak propped his elbow up and put his

"Thinking about what?"

"Going on some sort of a vacation to get away. Some places for us to spend time together. Somewhere that we can spend the entire time in bed." DJ rolled over and straddled Zak and he put his hands on her waist.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere that we get to be alone."

"Aren't we alone now?"

"I mean some place that we don't have to worry about ghost hunting for a while."

"Let's go to Australia then. I always wanted to go to Australia."

"Then we'll do that." DJ smirked and leaned down, kissing Zak.

"But first, I need a shower." DJ pecked his lips once more and then walked into the bathroom. While DJ was in the shower, Zak got dressed and then her phone started to ring.

DJ finished her shower and changed into her clothes for the day. She walked out of the bathroom to see Zak hang up her phone.

"Who was that?" DJ asked seeing the look on his face.

"When we were you gonna tell me?" Zak asked in response. DJ felt her fear start to come back.

"What did they say?" Zak really didn't know how to tell DJ what he was just told. He licked his lips.

"They said that there is zero chance of you being able to have kids." DJ felt her breath escape her throat as her fear was realized. She walked out onto the balcony and leaned her hands on the railing as she felt a surge of emotion going through her body. The same spirit that made her miscarriage caused her to not be able to have kids, something she wanted very much. She felt somebody standing behind her and she turned around to look at Zak.

"Let's just go." DJ spoke and walked back into the room.

"You need to talk about this." Zak replied as he followed her. He grabbed her arm and DJ pushed him off.

"I don't want to talk about it, please, let's just go, Zak." They walked down to the lobby area where they decided to get something to eat before spending time just having fun. Zak sat down on one of the couches. DJ sat down next to him and immediately froze feeling a cold draft wash over her. Goose bumps ran up her arm and she felt a ghostly arm on her shoulder. DJ didn't even realize that she had grabbed Zak's inner thigh and squeezed.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked as she felt her gripping his thigh.

"Something has a hold on my shoulder." Zak looked behind DJ.

"There's nobody there."

"Look at my fucking shoulder." Zak pulled her shirt down and saw the finger prints starting to bruise. She winced and got the attention of Aaron and Nick. DJ stood up and quickly disappeared upstairs and in the room. She pulled her shirt off revealing her sports bra. Her shoulder was slowly turning purple, and the pain intensified. Zak, Nick, Aaron, and Billy rushed up to the door only to realize that Zak's key card was not in his pocket.