Chapter Fifteen

DJ walked into Mel's house which was DJ's childhood home. It was completely empty other than her and Zak who came in behind her.

She walked around the house looking at everything. This was the first time since her mother's death.

DJ looked up at Zak who put his hand on her shoulder. She stood up and walked out of the house not being able to handle it anymore.

"Hey, it's okay." Zak said trying to comfort DJ.

"No, it's not." DJ replied as she turned around. "Everything is just too much. My brother is gone and my mother is gone. Everybody keeps leaving me."

"I'm still here." Zak said but DJ shook her head.

"They all leave me. If it's death or them getting tired of me. Everybody leaves me."

"Are you saying that you think I'll leave?"

"It's only a matter of time, Zak."

"Get it through your thick fucking skull, I'm not going anywhere. You keep pushing me away when you need me most."

"I can't do this Zak. Everything is falling apart."

"What are you talking about? Are you saying you want out?"

"I don't know what I'm saying. I'm so screwed up right now."

"Fine. How about this? You call me when you decide what you want."

"Stop getting pissed at me, Zak. I have had so much happen to me-."

"That's why you need to stop pushing me away." Zak snapped at DJ interrupting her. "I understand that you're pissed right now. You lost your mother. We both lost a baby. I couldn't show any emotion because I wanted to be strong for you. And yet again, you're trying to push me away."

"It's only a matter of ti-."

"Stop fucking telling me that I'm going to leave you. I'm not going anywhere! I fucking love you!" DJ could feel the anger slowly beginning to rise.

"I can't, Zak. I'm sorry." DJ started crying as she turned and walked away from him. Zak couldn't believe his eyes as DJ walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days turned to weeks and those weeks turned into a month. A month that seemed to drag by for them. While DJ stayed in the house, Zak rented another one leaving the house to her Salem, and Bella while he took Gracie. But today was the day that DJ was coming back to the Ghost Adventures Crew even if she and Zak weren't officially together right now.

DJ stood against the side of the van as the guys finished unloading everything. They were doing another lockdown at another prison. DJ had a feeling about this place and was nervous about going inside.

As they walked through to get through to their base camp, something inside of DJ made her stick close to Zak. As they walked past a cell, DJ stopped and looked in the cell to see a figure standing there. It didn't look like a guard or an inmate, rather it looked like someone familiar, but she couldn't make out who or what the spirit was.

She followed the guys to where they got their equipment out. Zak, Nick, and DJ got cameras while Aaron had the thermal camera. They walked through the prison in pairs. Nick with Zak and Aaron with DJ.

"Aaron, point the camera that way." DJ said when she saw another figure. Aaron did as she saw but say nothing on the camera.

"What did you see?" Aaron asked as DJ looked in the hall. She saw the figure appear again and this time, the figure looked just like Zak.

"We need to find Zak." DJ replied as she turned and ran back in the direction they came. She didn't hear Aaron asking her why. She just quickly ran to find Zak fearing that something bad had happened or was going to happen.