Cliff Diving-Date.

"Yup, a date." Kai popped. Paul looked at her warily. "I don't think Sam is gonna like that." He sighed. "What does Sam have to do with this?" She asked. "1. He is your brother. 2 He is the Alpha and 3. We didn't imprint on each other." Paul summed up. Kai sighted at that statement but then looked at Paul again. "This wolf shit is ruining my life, I mean it's cool and all but sheesh. I can't wear normal clothes, we have to patrol, I eat as a hungry horse and I can't go clubbing any longer. And don't get me started on the imprinting bullshit." She groaned.

"But what is this imprint-stuff you guys keep talking about. I mean, Harry said that it means you find your soulmate. But how the fuck do you know that person is your type? Or if you even know that person?" Paul complained.
Kai sighted at her confused pack brother.
"Harry told me that when you look into your imprints eyes, you"ll feel different. You will feel a strong urge to protect that person and to make sure that person is happy all the time. Or something sappy like that." At her own words, Kai rolled her eyes. But Paul looked fascinated at Kai.

"Hey Kai." Paul said. Kai turned her head and looked into Paul's direction, to find him looking for something in her eyes. "What?"
Before she could think, Paul's lips crashed on hers. Moving in sync with him, she kissed him back.

Soon Kai was laying on her back with Paul on top of her, gripping her waist.

After a few minutes, a door opened. Breaking them apart. "Kaia, sweetie. I'm home!" A female voice called out. Kai and Paul sat up breathing a bit heavier than normal.

Kai's mother came through around the corner of the hallway with heavy, grocery bags and a surprised look when she saw Paul. "Is that the boy Sue Clearwater was talking about?" Kai glanced from her mother to Paul and then back to her mother. "I guess so." Kai hesitantly spoke. But her hesitance was soon wiped away by her mother grinning face. "What a handsome one! Way better than the last one, he was a bit too feminine." Her mom enthusiastically threw the grocery bags on the ground and walked over to Paul. "Get those bags for me sweetie, than I will talk to your boyfriend for a minute." Kai sighed and rolled her eyes at her mother before picking up the bags and walking to the kitchen.

In the kitchen Kai could hear her mother. "I'm Katherine Parker. Nice to meet you, what's your name boy?" Kai heard her mom ask. "My name is Paul Lahote m'am." Paul answered. "Oh, your Cassandra's son!" Her mother laughed. "How is your mother? I haven't seen her in a while." Her mom asked again. "My mom is out of town because my uncle from Ohio had been in an accident."
While they were speaking Kai quickly put all the groceries away and left a carton of milk out, so she could pretend she was still busy. "Ow, I'm very sorry. I hope he gets better soon. But now time for business, how old are you again?" Uh-oh, her mom was going to interrogate Paul. "I'm turning 17 in a few months, ma'm." Paul respectfully answered again. Her mother probably nodded because she started questioning again. "And how are your grades? Are you good at school?" At that, Kai slapped her forehead. "I'm doing the average." Kai heard Paul mutter something about 'the fuck?', 'My grades' and 'are you kidding?' Before answering. "Not that Kaia is any better but.... Alright that's enough for me. Will you keep an eye on her? She and her brother have been doing a bit secretive ever since Emily Young has been attacked by that bear. And Sam keeps telling me that he and Kaia started helping the Elders with the security of La Push but I don't believe them because Kaia started the new year with skipping! And don't get me started on her appetite."
Kai's mother kept rambling, making Paul compare Kai to her mother.

"Anyway, please just watch out for her, for me." Kai's mother put a hand on Paul's shoulder but quickly retreated. "Wow, your temperature increased too. Have you and my children been swimming in the rain or something! All of you are a temperature you shouldn't have, unless you're sick." At that, Kai quickly put the milk away and stormed inside.