Welcome To The Pack

"Welcome to the Pack Jared."

The big chocolate brown wolf shook his head violently. Confused, he looked down at his body. Then back up at the rest of the pack, only to growl angry and scared at them.

"Who is going to explain?" Sam asked. "I think Paul is most suited for that job." Kai spoke up, glaring at her boyfriend. "What! Why me?" Paul angrily looked over at Kai, genuinely confused as to why he has to explain it to his angry friend. "Because he was YOUR friend, he will like to hear it from you. AND it was your smart idea to tell him about the legends while he was about to phase, smartass." She argued. Paul huffed angry at Kai and rolled his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes like that! You know it's true." Kai cocked her eyebrow at Paul. Sam had sighted. "Enough you two! She has a point but, I think you should do it Kai."

Kai's eyebrows rose and Paul smirked at her. "Why me?!" She yelled out at her brother. "Because I saw Paul's reaction at your voice, the first time he phased. Don't you remember? He immediately calmed down at hearing your voice, you didn't notice but it's happened again. Just now, you were arguing with Paul and Jared is calmer than before." Sam explained. Kai looked at Jared who, still scared, seemed less angry now.

Kai sighted at her pack brothers. "Fine." Sam nodded and Paul looked at his Alpha. "I think we should inform the Elders that Jared phased earlier than expected." Paul told Sam. "Yeah, and I think his parents would want to know what happened just now anyway." Sam said. "Don't worry about that, I already told them some lie about a special breakdown." Sam nodded and looked at his sister who stayed silent the whole conversation. "Alright, we're going to get Jared some clothes and tell the Elders about the newest pack member. They may want to schedule another bonfire." Kai nodded at her brother. "I'll take a walk with Jared." Sam nodded. "Come Paul." Sam already jogged away. Paul stayed put and looked at Kai. "Good luck babe." Paul kissed her cheek and jogged after the Alpha.

Kai turned towards Jared jerked her head at the rest of the woods. "Come on, it's time for a bedtime story." She joked. With that, they started walking. "I'm Kai Uley, by the way." Jared snorted, as if to say ' bitch, the whole town knows who you are.' "Yeah, you probably already knew that." This time, Jared nodded his head.

"Okay, I'll start at the beginning." Kai took a deep breath. "As Paul said, the legends are true. Quileutes with the gene, the ability to phase. Turn into wolves to protect the town from our, still existing, enemies. Cold ones." Jared growled dangerously at the name of their enemies. "Calm down, calm down. We hate them too, it's actually... their fault that we are phasing." She looked over at Jared and he cocked his head, confused. "You heard about the Cullens right?" Again, Jared growled. "Calm. They are the cold ones that we have to protect the town from. Them and their kind." Kai sneered. "I don't know why we started phasing this late. But I do know that, since we're phasing now, we have to protect our people now." Jared nodded his head.

"I should probably tell you about the perks of being a wolf protector." Kai joked again.
"Cold ones, have special abilities. Their speed, super strength and heightened senses is something we have in common.
But they get special powers, like... Telekinesis or seeing the future. Stuff like that, not all of them get super powers but some of them are 'special'." Kai explained.

"Also.. Cold ones have a skin hard as rock and cold as ice, while we are so hot we could stay in a snow storm and feel nothing. Humans will think we continuously have a 'fever'." She winked at Jared, who showed her a wolfy grin. "Humans can't hurt us, by the way. We heal fast but they will break their hand if they try to hit us anyway."

Kai climbed easily over a fallen tree, while Jared skipped over a puddle. Suddenly he huffed, Kai looked over at him as she was about to say something. "What?" Jared looked down at his body and questionably looked up again. "Wanna know how we phase?" She asked. He nodded his wolf head. "Emotions. If we get too angry, we start trembling and shaking until we phase or calm down enough to stay human." Kai explained. "That's why you can't go back home for another week. We have to train you, so you'll be able to control your anger and don't phase on the spot."