Monorail Thieves

Prologue:

It happened so fast none of us knew what to do.

The three of us were walking in the tunnles and then we were on the floor being dragged away. As I said, none of us knew what had happened in the first place because it was so fast. A burst of light, a shock, and we were on the ground being dragged away by men in black coats. The sounds we heard was the monorail coming to a stop, then silence....

Years went long past as we sat in the dark.

We had been abducted by the people with black coats, we had no other name for them. They gave us malicious stares in the dark hallways behind the doors of the monorail.

Sometimes they would bring other people in, they were shocked and scared, but we knew we could not help them. If one of them brought in a child, we would hold them close and tell them it would be all right, it's a sick feeling to lie to a child. Then the people with black coats would take them away screaming and kicking, none of them we ever saw again.

Sometimes we saw the outside world, when we caught a quick glimpse of the outside when they quickly shuffled us into cars and drove us to alleyways and shoved us through doors that led to other rooms underground in the monorails.

More children came, more people came, and the more people and children came, the more they left.

It had been four years, and they finally started taking us away...I was the last one.

My name is Willis....and this was my last stand.