Meeting Your Family

"Come on Niall!" I pulled Niall out of the door with his arm. He stubbornly held onto the doorframe like a child.

"Baby, want if they take you away from me? I'm not yet ready!" Niall looked so torn, but I already assured him that my parents were more than excited to meet him.

"Niall, didn't I tell you that they really wanted to meet you?" I did my puppy eyes, attempting to get him out of the house. Just as expected, he let go slowly.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I'm just so scared to lose you..." He hugged me tighter then let go, but his arms were still encircling my waist.

"Aw, you won't, okay? Plus, they were the ones who told me they wanted to meet you." I smiled then snuggled up to him.

"Alright, I'm going."

"Yes!" I pumped my fist in the air and did a little jig. He chuckled at me then escorted me to my car seat. He entered the driver's seat after.

It was a two-hour drive to my parents' place and only 30 minutes have passed. Niall was driving since I already gave him simple directions to their house.

"Why don't you get some sleep, princess? You got some hour left." Niall offered.

"What if you take a wrong turn?" I asked, yawning afterwards.

"You've told me what I need to know, don't worry. Have some rest," he reached out to me with one hand and lightly pinched my cheek. I swatted his hand away playfully, and laughed.

"Alright, alright," I told him, starting to recline the seat. I continued, "Just don't hesitate to wake me if you forgot something or just about anything, okay?" He nodded.

~~~

"Princess..."

"Baby..."

"Baaaaaabe."

"Princess!"

Someone snapped at me. My eyes immediately opened. I got up, only to be pulled back by my seatbelt.

"What? Who am I? Huh?" I sleepily asked. I heard a deep chuckled, and that person removed my seatbelt for me to comfortably get up.

"We're here, you're (Y/N), and everything's fine!" Niall happily told me. I smiled at him and reverted the seat to its original position.

I was so excited for Niall to meet my parents that I didn't wait for him to open the door. I jumped out and went to our front door. I didn't even wait for Niall to be at my side when I rang the doorbell.

"Calm down, princess. I don't think they're going anywhere." Niall told me. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited that you'll meet them! They're really fun and rad, just like teenagers!"

I told him a few stories about my parents doing Just Dance.

Suddenly, the door opened to my smiling parents. Mom and dad hugged me so tight while Niall awkwardly smiled. After a few minutes, they proceeded to hug Niall the way they did with me. Niall shyly smiled at me since my parents' backs were at me. I gave him a thumbs up.

"Oh, what a nice family gathering!" My mom genuinely announced with enthusiasm.

Niall mouthed, 'family?' at me, confused yet has a smile lingering on his mouth. I nodded, knowing that my mom knows what she talks about.

"You guys look great! So nice to be here as always. Oh! Um, this is Niall, you know him." I grabbed Niall by his waist then gave him a one-arm hug.

"Oh, yes. The wonderful lad that never failed to make our baby smile!" Dad chimed in. They both looked so happy, and I was happy too. I didn't tell Niall, but it took me a year to persuade and give them proofs that Niall Horan, despite his fame and work, can still give everything and every bit of his love and time for me. It paid off, and Niall looked like the happiest boyfriend on earth.

They led us both in to have some lunch. We talked about how it was going on. About what was going on between my parents, Niall's family, and us. Everything was all fine until dad decided to bring up the one-year challenge they gave me.

"I know (Y/N) hasn't been telling something to you." Dad pointed his fork at Niall while he looked at me too. Mom put her hand on his, but Dad still carried on.

"No, I want you to know how much my daughter loves you." He put his utensil down and clasped his hands together. "Last year, two months after you started your relationship, we consulted our daughter about it and said it was true. We hesitated, knowing you were a superstar. You might not give her attention or time or girlfriend needs, so we were scared. (Y/N) told us that she was willing to do anything to prove to us that you can be a real boyfriend to her-"

"Dad." I said with a halting tone. He just looked at me for a second and continued. I felt Niall's hand hold mine under the table.

"So, we gave her the challenge to give us proofs, details, documentation anything that proved that you can give her time, appreciate her, love her truly, and be a matured boyfriend to her. And she succeeded. So this I tell you, lad: Do not break her heart. We are so happy to meet you, because we knew, from what she had been sending us, that you are a great boy. That's all we ever ask." Dad finished with two tears falling from his eye.

"Sir." Niall cleared his throat. "I don't think I would be able to break (Y/N)'s heart. She is the best thing that's happening to me, and I don't plan on losing her. She understands, she makes time, she's very patient, very caring, very hospitable. The list could go on. The day she was at that album signing was the greatest day of my life because it was when I met her. She was the kindest and the best, very thoughtful and persevering. It was what she has that no other girl has, and that 'it' was everything. So if you think I might break her heart, well, maybe you're just having a nightmare. A nightmare that never comes into existence." Niall squeezed my hand while tears started to form in my eyes.

"Thank you, Niall. Thank you."

They both stood up and hugged like very matured men. Well. They are.

Mom and I joined in and laughed at how silly they were when they were serious-looking at the talk. After the lunch, we had some more story-telling until it was time for us to leave.

"I'll visit soon!" I said, getting in my car seat.

"We'll visit soon." Niall interrupted, bringing his head near my window for my parents to see him. We said our last goodbye's for that day and left.

"You could've just told me." He said, pertaining to my 1-year challenge

"Then that would be somehow cheating." I shrugged, preparing to go to sleep.

"How is that?" Niall asked, still had his eyes on the road.

"I'll tell you when we get home, babe." I yawned and started drifting off to sleep.

"Rest well, princess." He slowly grabbed my hand and kissed it. He was my last thought and had me smiling while in slumber.