Soccer Skills

*not proof-read* (ily)

Y O U

"Come on, babe! Ya ready?" Niall yelled from the living room.

"Almost done!" I said, slipping my running shoes on. I grabbed my purse and ran down fast to meet Niall.

"Careful, princess." He said, putting his hand on my waist. We walked over to his car and drove off to the soccer field.

"Hm, it's been a long time since we've played." He told me excitedly.

"I've always wanted to see you play, Ni. I hope I can join you guys too." I whispered the last part to myself, not wanting to let him know that I play the sport too.

"What was that part, babe?" He asked, drumming his fingers on the wheel.

"Huh? Uh, nothing..." I quickly said, taking out my phone to avoid the conversation. A few minutes after, we arrived. The other lads were already doing some kicks and drills. Sophia was by the first bench, watching the boys. She took a couple of pictures, and we got to her.

"Hey, you guys! Nice seeing you here." She greeted us with a hug then went back to sit. I settled beside her while Niall joined the others. They warmed-up first before having a two-on-two.

They went over to us to make a deal. Louis started, "Okay, whoever loses the match will treat the winners alright? It's a one-hour match and we can only call two time-outs each. No goalie, up to us to defend. How that works, I don't know. We'll make it work anyway."

I chuckled at how silly the game's gonna be with those conditions. I mean, two-on-two? They could invited others. They're famous and have a lot of friends!

The game started and Niall was paired with Louis. They are devastating when paired. After ten minutes, the two already scored 3 while Liam and Harry scored 1. The first 30 minutes finished with Harry and Liam using their two time-outs, while the other pair used only one.

Five minutes after the break, Louis had managed to trip and now he sprained his ankle. We paused the game, and rushed over to him. They carried him over to the benches, and Sophia and I tended to him.

"Sorry, girls. Didn't mean to make you do this..." Louis apologized. We both shushed him, saying it was fine.

"How's this gonna be? Without Louis, there'll only be 3 players." Harry informed us.

"Aw man! We're gonna be left behind by points with Niall the only one playing for us! Those were some hard points we did!" Louis complained. I flicked his forehead and went back to face the others who looked a little irritated.

"Why'd you have to trip, Lou?" Liam joked.

"I have an idea." Sophia announced. She looked at me first, and I knew what she wanted to tell them. Before I could stop her from talking, she blurted out, "Let (Y/N) play."

I widened my eyes at her as they all looked at me.

"Wait, my girlfriend can play?" Niall had a confused expression on his face. I was now red-faced, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah, pretty much more skillful than you guys, might I add." Sophia proudly told them,  checking her nails out as added effect.

"That's great!" Niall dragged me out in the field while the other two slowly joined us, still amazed at what they just heard.

"Wait, Niall! I want to, but I don't have the right shoes!" I complained. I did want to play, but play in the right attire. Jersey, shorts... I was in a tank top and leggings with running shoes on my feet.

"You'll still do great!" He said encouragingly.

"Niiiiiiiii," I dragged out.

"Baby, you know you owe me for not telling." He whispered, his hot breath hitting my ear. Oh god, this guy. I managed to just nod, knowing I can't trust my voice.

The game then went on. Niall passed the ball to me, and I dribbled it with ease. Harry went in front to interfere with my run, but I gracefully twirled around him, carrying the ball with me between my feet. I slipped past him, seeing Liam run towards the net to defend. I saw Niall across me, and I passed the ball to him. After getting Liam's attention, he returned the ball back to me, and I swiftly kicked it at the right angle, and flew it pass Liam and into the net.

"Goal!!!" Niall raised his arms, but he knew it wasn't over. I ran backwards, preparing myself for the opposing pair's attack. The ball was with Harry now, and I watched him cross the field with it. I ran to him to intervene, and just at the right moment when Harry was going to kick the ball softly to let it run, I swiped it, and, with my right foot, caught it. I moved past the shocked lad, and passed it to Niall, who was ready to receive. The ball flew to him, and he kicked it with ease, watching it go into the net. Liam was already too late, and it was 5-2.

After the game, which resulted to 9-4, we were all sweaty, but still congratulated each other, anyways.

"Rad, (Y/N)! Didn't know you could play like that, girlie!" Louis fist-bumped with me as I laughed at the compliment, appreciating it in the inside.

"This girl's is dangerous." Liam shook his head while Sophia helped him change and wipe his sweat.

"That was amazing, you gotta teach us someday, love!" Harry requested excitedly, wanting to learn some tricks.

"Yeah, babe. Those moves were insane, you're like a girl version of Messi! I wanna learn, please?" Niall hugged me, pleading with those cute eyes.

"Oh, I guess I could teach you guys some stuff." I told them, shrugging.

"That's my princess!!" Niall pumped his fist into the air, pecking my cheek sweetly.

"Now, now, lads, about that deal..." Louis smirked.

AN:

Hey guys! I'm not really oriented with soccer rules, but I've always found it nice to have some kicks with my friends. We also played the way those players do in the field, and I guess I wanted to write about that. I hope you enjoyed (I like this, especially that it has something to do with soccer...) this! Well, I did..... 😂