Chapter 17

Today will be a great day. It's been a week after I got back. I started driving to work since last week and I must admit, singing out loud inside my car is better than holding it back while in the train station. I took a quick stop at Starbucks to get my morning coffee. I bought two.

I left the other coffee in Nicco's table and headed straight to my office. A familiar person is standing inside my office looking at the pictures in my table.

"You have a beautiful mom." He said. That voice is very, very familiar. He's still not looking at me.
I straightened my dress and my coat as I walked to my desk.
"Thank you." I muttered, I tried to sound as professional as I can but my voice is failing me.

Marco.
Marco.
Marco.

"Hello, love. It's been a while." He just called me love, it's awkward.
"Hi Marco. What brings you here?"
"You." He said in a snap
"Can I help you?" I asked.
"Yes, help me out of this burden and go on a couple of dates with me."
Wow, couple of dates.
"And why would I do that?"
"Ever since I got back in Washington, I can't help thinking about you."
There was a long pause. He looks different today. No mustache, just sideburns. I think he also got taller and now his eyes look green. He looks the same but not the same. I answered quicky, "Sure, let's do date."

He left and gave me peck on the cheek. Nicco went inside my office and gave me my scheduled meetings for the day.
"Thanks for the coffee Scar." He smiled genuinely
"Sure." Then he left

He didn't say anything about the guy I was just with. He just gave me the list of my to do's and thanked me for the coffee. He's not usually like that. Every time he sees someone enter my office, he acknowledges it. Is he? Jealous? I don't know.

Do I have to?