Chapter 32

The brain is complex. Nothing can ever be normal when it comes to it. Sometimes it makes you believe that you are something or someone you're not. Sometimes it punches you right back and tell you it's all a freaking lie. Sometimes you don't know what's real or what's not. Sometimes you just have to go with it. Sometimes you don't.

I am Margareth Welds aka Scarlet Nicolleta. Average girl from Portland, Oregon. My hair is sunset orange, my eyes are honey brown. I love running, coffee and books. I worked for Niccolo Thompson. But now employed in a small law firm in Seattle. I worked on all my records and saw that I was a Pre-law Philosophy major. I love my new job. They said I can pursue law school. I love my new apartment. I bought a car from my trust. I visit my mom every Saturdays. I see Dr. Mirtbridge every other week.

I feel better.
I am better.
I think I am better.
But the mind is complex...
No. I am better.
But nothing can ever be normal when it comes to it...
No. I think I'm better.

One night after work, I went to Starbucks to buy a latte. I was waiting on queue when I head a familiar voice.
"Iced white chocolate mocha, nonfat milk, no whipped cream." That sounds a lot like my drink. The voice came from a man. He went to the counter to wait for his drink. I was standing in front of the counter and ordered the exact drink and the girl said,
"Are you with that guy standing over there?"
"No, how can you tell."
"He's staring at you like crazy." She snorts
I looked at the guy she told me. I felt my body shiver as the guy really is staring at me. Breathe in. Breathe out. Inhale. Hold. Let out. Contain yourself for once.

"Hi, Scar." He said
"Hello."
"How are you?" He asked
"Fine. I don't go with Scar anymore. Maggie is fine."
"Maggie." He repeated.
"Yes."
"Are you back or are you just buying iced coffee in Seattle?" He asked again. I can't look at him. I might be delusional again.
"I'm back. I work in Hampton's Law firm."
"Why didn't you call me?"
"Why would I?" I answered.
Long silence. This must not be a dream. This feels so real. This feels like Niccolo.
"Because I've been waiting for almost two years to tell you this."
"Tell me what?" I snapped
"I know your condition Margareth, and I don't care. You are one beautiful, smart and talented woman. Three words can even put it. I was a complete asshole when I saw you talking to yourself and didn't help you."
"You saw me?"
"A couple of times. You seemed talking to someone you call Marco. Your mom told me that you are telling her things about this guy. I felt jealous because I really like you regardless of whatever condition you have. I dismissed the idea of that other guy you're seeing until I remembered the times you talk to yourself. I told your mom about it and she confirmed that this Marco isn't real."
"Really?" But all I heard was I felt jealous because I really like you.
"Yes."
"You had me at 'you felt jealous and you really like me.'" I said, my cheeks are hot
"Oh." He paused, "That is true. I want to take care of you. Love you and help you get better."
"Thanks. But I think I can manage."
"But can you simply allow me to be back in your life?"
"Aren't you back yet?" I smiled.
His eyes lit and replied. "Thank you."

Nicco likes me.
Nicco wants to take care of me.
Nicco wants to help me get better.
Nicco wants to love me.