005

Ariana

+

"We're just friends." Jack looked a bit put off when I pull my hand away and said what I said. He walked a little more distance away from me and was dead silent. When we walked in I followed him to the kitchen and he grabbed a beer. I've never actually seen him drink, I've never drank. Why is he so upset with me all of a sudden? I walk up next to him to only see he's talking to a girl. Who is she though? I've never seen her. Jack glances down at me, "Uh Madison this is my friend, Ariana." She waves to me. God she's so pretty I wish I looked half as good as her. I snapped out of it when jack said my name, "Uh Ariana, do you mind going to talk to someone else?" My eyes met his and I nod, "Uh yeah sorry, it was nice meeting you." I walked over to the drinks and though for a second. Am I being replaced? Is he trying to find someone prettier and better than I am? Is it because, I'm not wanting to drink or do drugs like he does? Should I drink tonight? Jack knows my background with alcohol. My dad used to get drunk and beat my mom, brother and I. He actually made my brother so depressed from all of the beatings that he killed himself. I miss him, but I know it's not good to dwell on the past. My dad died when I was thirteen from alcohol poisoning and I swore I would never drink or do drugs ever in my life. But that was then and this, this is now. I grab a Mike's lemonade and open it. I was about to take a sip when I got it snatched right out of my hand. By who though? I looked over and see him looking down at me disappointed, "Ariana what're you doing?" I sigh, "Can I have it back please?" He shakes his head, "No you can't have it back. Why would you want to drink this? What happened to that promise you made to yourself?" I shrug it off and take it out of his hand, "I'm a different person now. The old me snapped into reality." I brought it to my lips and Jack took it, poured it down the sink, and then dragged me into an empty room. I sat on the bed with my hands folded in my lap. He locked the door and paced frustrated, "What's going on with you, baby? Why would you want to do that after what happened to you?" He tried to be comforting and he called me baby. He's never done that before. I push him off of me, "You know what Jack, you drink and smoke all the time why can't I just do one thing in my life that everyone else does. I'm not as innocent and perfect as you think I am. I'm broken." The last part I whisper. Jack looks so amazed he doesn't know what to do. I storm out of the room and down to the drinks. I take the same drink from before and take a sip. This isn't half bad. Now I just need to smoke and I'll be like everyone else.
.............................................................

554 words
Long af chapter. What do y'all want to happen? Btw the picture is what Ariana looks like.