Chapter 3

Robin feels his heart crushing and crumbling into dust. He looks at Regina with sorrow in his eyes and reaches for her hand. He takes her cold shaky palm and holds it tight.

"Regina,I love you. I always have and I always will. I'll never stop loving you."

"Lies."She whispers and pulls her hand from him.

"Regina I'm telling you the truth."

"Bull.You lied to me when we were together and you still are."

"My Queen-"He begins .

"Don't you dare. You have no right to call me that anymore. You lost that right a long time ago." She says sternly and sits up. As she sits up, she whacks her cast on her left arm off the bed rail letting out a whimper of pain.

"Let me-" He starts but she interrupts before he can finish.

"Don't touch me. I can take care of myself. I have been for two years!"She snaps and bites her lip trying to conceal her pain. Robin grabbed an extra pillow and placed it under her bad arm and smiles as he places a soft gentle kiss on her forehead. She pushes him away in protest and he smirks shyly.

"I missed doing that to you." He grins. Regina tries to hide a smile and looks down.

"Did I just see you smile?" He says as he moves the chair closer to her hospital bed.

"I'm still mad at you Robin. That doesn't change anything. I still can't forgive you for what you did to me." Robin brushes his thumb over her bruised knuckles.

"I know what I did to you was cruel and I'm sorry. If I could go back in time and do it all over again I would. I love you Regina,more than you will ever know and my love for you only grows stronger with every beat of my heart." 

"Robin-."She begins but stops.

"And I'm sorry for the amount of pain I caused you. It pains me to see you this hurt. I'm sorry for everything." He stands up and lets go of her hand. Regina looks at Robin a little confused and he starts making his way to the door. "I know that I bring pain and misery into your life, therefore I'm going to step out of the way and let you continue your life without me." Robin walks closer to Regina."Goodbye my Regina bear. I love you. Forever and always." He blows her a kiss then leaves the room. Regina's eyes begin to water as she watched him leave the room, just as she let a tear fall Snow walked by Robin and closed the door right in his face.

"Regina?You okay?" She says as she wipes away her stepmother's tear with her thumb. Regina blinks away the tears and nods as she stares at the closed door. Mary-Margret  puts a Caesar salad and places a carton of chocolate milk right beside it.

"Here,eat. You need to if you want to leave earlier." Mary-Margret explains.Regina nods not even inching her gaze away from that brown door.Snow waves her hand in front of Regina's eyes. Nothing.

"What did Robin say?" She asks putting two and two together. Regina's sight stays glued on the entry way.

"He loves me," She whispers.

"I could've told you that." Snow retorts in a sassy tone. Regina takes her gaze off the door and scowls at her stepdaughter . She gulps and sits beside the bed. "Continue.." She smiles and listens closely to her stepmother.

"As I was saying..." Regina begins. "After he told me he loved me he apologized for all the pain and misery he put me through. He said that he would step out of the way and out of my life, forever."

"That's good right?"

Regina stares at Mary-Margret with sad eyes then looks down. "After he apologized, I gazed into his eyes and I could tell he was telling me the truth. I don't want to lose him again. I love him. I truly love him."

Snow smiles and holds Regina's bruised hand. "I know you do." She whispers. Regina smiles and reaches for salad, but doesn't quite reach it. Snow hands her the plastic container and a fork.

"Thank you." Regina says as she takes the lid off the container. Snow stands up and walks towards the door.

"I'll be right back. I'm just going to get something to eat." Snow flashes a smile then leaves the room. Regina is all alone with her thoughts, about him. She focuses her thoughts on his smile, then his eyes and finally his calloused hands. Something in her thoughts catches her attention, a reflection from that light bounced off his left hand. Her eyes break open and she sits up.

"He's married." She whispers with a tear trailing down her cheek. Regina begins to cry as Snow walks back into the room.

"Regina?Are you okay?" She asks approaching the mayor.

"I think he's married." She bawls out. Mary-Margret's eyes widen and she hugs Regina.