Asahi x Artist!Reader

"A-are you serious?" You ask in disbelief. Your art teacher nods her head in excitement. Her face is glowing, but its nothing compares to the happiness your feeling. You basically on cloud nine, jumping for joy. You're going to represent Karasuno High in the National Young Artists Competition. Your entering the photo realism (dynamic realism idfk) portion of the competition, something not many people can compete in, especially for your age. You're in your third year at Karasuno and most people know you as "that kid who can draw" and you're okay with that.

You've exit the art room with a bounce in your step, and you see your friend Kiyoko, who's also a third year. When she hears you call her name she stops and waits for you. You're practically radiating happiness.

"I just got picked to represent Karasuno in the national art competition!" You beam at her. She smiles at you and you give a small squee in excitement.

"You deserve it (L/N)-chan. You've worked very hard"

"Ah thank you, that means a lot coming from you! I still don't know what to draw though"

"You said you want your art to make people feel emotions, right? Then draw something that makes someone become overwhelmed with a feeling" She answers. You're a little surprised she would say that. You snap out of your shock an gaze at her with a new found determination.

"Kiyoko-chan! That was actually really inspiring!" You tell her. She flashes you a big smile and continues on her way down the hall. You spin around to head to your locker to grab your camera. The faster you find your new model, the faster you can work on your piece.

It's been about a week since you heard the great news about the contest. You've taking a lot of pictures with your Polaroid camera, so many that you have a small spot on your wall with pictures taped to it. You're still not sure which one you want to enter, none of them gives you that overwhelming feeling like Kiyoko suggested. You even asked her about it and she said she only saw it once when someone from the volleyball team spiked an amazingly fast toss. You considered taking a picture of them, but you don't really know if they'd let you, and you don't normally work with people you don't know.

And that's why you're out here at 1 AM looking at the stars. in the rain under a street lamp. You're knelt in front of a rose, soaking wet in your sweater, chilled to the bone with cold. You can feel your teeth chattering, and your shivering is making it hard to hold your Polaroid camera. Click. Got it. Wow that actually came out beautiful. Suddenly the rain stopped. You look up to see a GIANT holding an umbrella above your head stopping the rain.

"Are you okay? You've soaking wet" The GIANT tells you. You're a little overwhelmed to speak, and this isn't the kind Kiyoko was talking about. You slowly stand up and it finally dawns on you that this isn't a GIANT at all but your fellow classmate Asahi Azumane, who just happens to be very tall.

"Yeah, thank you for asking. I'm trying to get a really inspiring photograph but I can't seem to find one that I like" You tell him and he nods in understanding.

"You should't risk your health for something like that" He said and you huff in annoyance.

"Do you play basketball?" He looks surprised and puzzled for a moment before shaking his head. "You're really tall so you'd be a good basketball player, anyways this is kinda like practicing a sport, or anything else you would do. If you're really dedicated like me, you practice as much as you can. For me that means drawing the beauty of the world from the photographs I take"

"I think I understand. I play volleyball so I practice everyday before and after school. Here you should take my umbrella if you're going to be out here"