Special Chapter: Nightmare on Daphine Street

A/N: Happy Halloween! 🎃

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!! The doorbell echo's through the house, and makes all the current inhabitants groan. Guests aren't exactly welcomed with open arms in the Mikaelson Mansion.

"I'm coming! Hold on!" Hayley Marshall shouts, and runs down the stairs towards the door. The bell rings one more time, and she yells annoyed. "I'M COMING!" Hayley practically screams, and yanks open the door. She blinks, as there is no on there. Wrinkling her brow and looking around, she doesn't see anyone anywhere.

Before she can close the door, a glint of something white catches her eyes. Opening the door wider, she notices a little white box on the doormat. Arching one eyebrow, she picks it up and looks around before closing the door. She pauses, before locking the door and bolting it.

"What's with all the bloody yelling, Hayley? Some people actually need sleep in order to operate!" Rebekah Mikaelson, the only female in the Mikaelson bunch states firmly. She walks over to Hayley, and crosses her arms over her chest. She then spots the box in Hayley's hands, and wrinkles her brow. Rebekah's curiosity taking over her. She points to the box. "What is that?" She eyes it warily.

Hayley shrugs, and looks it over. "Well, at least its not bleeding this time." She says with a smirk at Rebekah, who only rolls her eyes in response.

"You're hilarious. I'm sure that if someone wanted to put us all in a box six feet under, they'd use a bigger box." Rebekah responds, but is still standing away from the box - just in case.

Rolling her eyes, Hayley unwraps the box. "Yeah well, some of us don't always come back from the dead." She mumbles, and there is a tag on the top of the box.

Rebekah inches closer to it. "What does it say? I'm betting on a death wish or threat." She states firmly, and eyes it from afar.

Sighing, Hayley shakes her head. "It's not a death threat, Rebekah. It's a message." She wipes something off the tag, and blinks a few times. "See you there. I'll be the one in red. - I.L." She reads fluently, and looks up at Rebekah. Both females are terribly confused. "Is I.L. a friend of yours?" She asks the blonde.

Rebekah only raises an eyebrow. She remains completely silent, and looks from the note to Hayley and back again.

Hayley sighs at this. "When I say friend, I mean friend." She states, putting extra emphasis on the word, "friend".

Rebekah rolls her eyes, and cross her arms again. "Hayley, I barely have to time to sleep yet alone date! Besides, I would remember somebody with those kind of initials and embroidery skills." She states, and gestures to the box in Hayley's hand.

Before Hayley can answer, Elijah enters the room in his signature suit. He has a very business-like mood to him at the moment. "What is that, Hayley?" He asks calmly, and holds out his hand in expectation.

She sighs and hands it over to him. "Its an invite or message of some sort. Do you recognize the name or handwriting?" She asks, and looks up at him hoping he will know.

He examines it closely, and frowns deeply. "No, I don't. At least not at the moment." He then rattles the box. Something clicks inside it, and Elijah looks up at the females. "Did neither of you think to open the box and see what's inside?" He asks in a plain tone.

Hayley and Rebekah exchange a look, and they both look hesitantly over at Elijah. Rebekah sighs and gestures to it. "Considering the last time we got a present it was a head in a bag... I didn't want to touch it. And Hayley happens to share that opinion." She says firmly.