The Garden

Spring had finally sprung in England. Flowers were blooming, birds chirped and insects buzzed around in the warm breeze. This was also a season that called many filmmakers to pull Tom away from you.

"Well, it's not my fault!" He screamed.

He had taken you to a national park this afternoon. He knows how much you love being outside, but the news of his plans to go off and film another movie had ruined your day out together, as well as the fact that it started to rain.

"Honey, you have been gone a lot lately and for so long," you say pleadingly. "I mean, I'm proud of you and I want you to succeed, but when will they just give you a break?"

"Maybe the reason I'm away all the time is to get away from you!"

Thunder cracked as raindrops fell off of your face, and you hoped he didn't see that you were crying. You rubbed the back of your neck, trying to calm yourself down. You looked around at the wet leaves and inhaled the scent of wet tree bark.

"Well, good news for you. You won't have to get anywhere near me ever again," you stormed off from under the weeping tree out into the open field.

He raced after you. "Darling, please. Let's not...get ahead of ourselves. I-I didn't mean that!" You marched on in the tall grass.

"Yes you did!" You swung around to him. "Why else would you have said that? Thomas, I know you're stressed but maybe you should start thinking about how your choices effect other people."

You walked on leaving Tom standing in the grass and the rain.

•••••

Thanks guys for 1k reads! I really appreciate your reading skills! I'm so glad you guys are liking my little stories. I'm so excited! I'm also SO SO SO SORRY for not posting a new chapter in ages. I promise I will try to write as much as I can, but school is crazy, sports and I have an Instagram fan account to maintain (@/lembasbread if you want to know) but I'm working on not one but two new chapters as we speak. Thanks again you guys!