Chapter 8: It's Not Her

Chapter 8:

"A shapeshifter?" Dean asked confused. "Yeah. You dont remember hunting one as a kid?" Sam asked surprised. "I try not to." Dean said very seriously. "Well when we were kids we hunted one with dad. It disquised itself as mom and lured dad towards it. Then attacked dad." Sam was cut off by Dean. "Yeah I remember now, I hid dad, disguised as dad, we killed it an got dad back." Dean said remembering everything that day. "Do you think, Ashley, will be hunting this shapeshifter?" Dean asked slowly. "You know she is a hunter, so, im gonna say yes. But you do need to leave her alone. You kissed Meggan and she saw. She hates you! I would be careful hunting the same thing as her for a while." Sam said with a chuckle. "Whatever Sammy. So last time we found out its hide out was in the sewers. Do you think they are still down there?" Dean asked. "Im pretty sure they are. Where else would they go? But I dont know, I havent hunted one in like 10 years." Sam answered the best he could. "Well, I guess we know were to look first." Dean said grabbing his jacket.

Ashley met up with her friend Maddi. She is also a hunter. She wanted Maddi to help her with the shapeshifter case. They decide to check the sewers first as well because they have both hunted one from the sewers before. They leave that night. As soon as Maddie gets there Ashley gets in her car and they drive to the sewer that was in the middle of every victims house. Sam and Dean both leave that night just like the two girls. They all end up going to the same sewers. The guys make it there first. Then the girls go in with no clue that Sam and Dean are there. "Wait. Do you hear that?" Ashley and Dean both say to their partner. The thing is, they heard eachother. "AH!" Maddi backed into Dean not knowing it was Dean. Ashley immediatly ran up and punched Dean it the face not knowing it was Dean. She swung her sword, but Dean caught her wrist. Dean thought it was the shapeshifter, no one could really see because how dark it was. "Dean!" Sam screamed. "Wait Dean?!" Ashley screamed as well. "Ashley?" Dean immediatly recongized her voice.

"What are you doing here" Dean asked. "What do you think?" Ashley said being a smart-alack. "Dang, she got you Dean" Both Sam and Maddi said. Dean gave them both a dirty look. "Well we were here first so I think you and your friend might wanna take your pretty little selves out of here before you break a nail." Dean said being a smart-alack back to her. "Awe. Thats cute. You think im gonna listen to you. I may have when you were my boyfriend, but youre not now. So you may look out for Sam but not me. And thats why I punched you how many times, compared to how many you hit me? Yeah, thats what I though." Ashley said almost yelling. Ashley walked away from them before they could say anything. Maddi quickly followed her.

"What was all that about?" Maddi asked. "It's nothing, trust me." Ashley said not even turning to face Maddi. "What happened between you and Dean?" Maddi asked anxiously. "A mistake. Ill tell you later. Right now is business" Ashley said now turning towards Maddi seriously. They continued to look, on the other side of the sewer away from Sam and Dean. "Dean. Im sorry, I didnt mean what I said earlier. You sounded like you were done trying. As soon as I wanted you back, you sound as if you dont want me." Ashley said to Dean. But how? She was on the other side of the sewer. But Dean had no clue, it was the shapeshifter. "Ashley?" Dean asked very confused about what he had just heard.

"Dean. Please take me back. Lets get out of here, Maddi and Sam can finish the hunt and we can go work things out." The shapeshifter said. "Where is Maddi?" Sam asked from the background. The shapesifter looked around knowing Maddi wasnt there but acted differently. "Maddi? Maddi! Oh my god, where is she?" The shapeshifter started to tear up. "It's okay, we will find her." Dean promised. Even though she wasnt lost. The shapeshifter followed behind them quietly. Dean heard Ashley talking as he got closer to were Ashley and Maddi really were. He turned around to a silent shapeshifter. It took Dean a little while to figure out that it wasnt Ashley. He asked to talk to Ashley alone and Sam let them. "So, are you gonna take me back? The shapeshifter asked. "Yeah." Dean leadned in for a kiss and so did the shapesifter. Dean slowly went for his knife, the only thing that can kill a shapeshifter. But you have to make sure you stab it in the heart. As soon as he had it pulled out he stabbed the shapeshifter. But only in the arm, making it run way. "Sam! This way" Dean scream while chasing it. Now it's on it's way to Ashley and Maddi.

"AHH!' Maddi screamed. Ashley turned around and saw the shapeshifter changing into a new body. "Do you wanna live Maddi? Then shut up and listen to me!" Ashley yelled in a whisper. "Im going to go distract it, then you stab it in the heart, and dont miss or it will kill you!" Ashley ordered. Ashley walked on the other side of it so Maddi wasnt in sight of it. Ashley called out for it, and it looked at her. It started running after her and it pushed her. Maddi was to shocked to even move. Ashley was now knocked out on the ground. "Ashley!" Dean yelled running up to her unconsious body. "You dont hurt her, ever!!" Dean yelled as Ashley started to awaken, hearing what he said. Dean, Sam, and Maddi started fighting the shapeshifter. Both Dean and Maddi had knifes. And finally had enough stength. She got up just to see that Sam was knocked out, Maddi had dropped her knife scared out of her mind, trying to still fight, and Dean was doing everything he could do fight it. Ashley ran up to the knife grabbed it and jumped on its back trying to stab it. It was too hard to stab it because it kept moving. "No! Ashley, what are you doing? You could get hurt!" Dean yelled. "I got th-" Ashley said being cut off by the now oversized shapeshifter flinging her off its back.

"No!" Dean yelled with tears in his eyes. He was so distracted by the knocked out Ashley, but not distracted enough. He was more furious than distracted, he grabbed the knife and stabbed the shapeshifter, not once, more like 20 times! He ran over to Ashley and grabbed her in his arms. "Wake up! C'mon! Wake up!! C'mon!! No, no on no!!" Dean yelled. He hugged her close. "Dean, Im so sorry." Sam said walking up to Dean and Ashleys body. Maddi walked over starting to cry. "Is she dead?" Maddi said stuttering. "Oh my god! No!!!" Maddi dropped to Dean sobbing along with him. Ashley moved. "Wait! She moved!" Sam said noticing her movement. "Dont mess with me Sammy! Not now!" Dean yelled not looking away from Ashley. "No, he's telling the truth, she moved!" Maddi said whiping away her tears. "Dean?" Ashley mumbled. "Im here! I got you Ashley." Dean said quieting his voice, smiling. She sat up and quickly hugged him. Too quickly, she hugged him and groaned from pain. "Woah, be careful, now." Dean said cautiously. She whispered in his ear, "Thank you. I love you." Dean started crying even more than before. Just hearing her say she loves him again brought back so many memories. Dean picked up Ashley and starting walking out the sewer, Sam and Maddi followed. They started driving back to the hotel.