Before the shot

I had so many things going on in my head it was hard to speak, but I managed anyway. But the whole time I was speaking I was thinking about why Montgomery, the man who was like a father to me, knew something about my mothers murder since I was 19, and he never told me anything. I was angry at him, I mean I had the right to be, but my anger ended when I looked over at his daughters and saw the sadness in there eyes. They had just lost there father and there mom just lost the love of her life, all because of me.
It was hard not to think about it, but it was true, if it wasn't for me Montgomery would of never went into that hanger and got himself shot. If it wasn't for me snooping around my mothers case, he would of never met me. But then I thought a minute, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be the woman I am today. He is the one that taught me that we don't ow anyone our lives, not even our loved ones. He was the one that made sure that I didn't push to far.
I looked over at espo and Ryan.
If it wasn't for Montgomery I would've of never met some of my best friends.

Then finally I look at castle, the man who got me trough my mothers murder without even knowing it, his books helped me when I wouldn't let anyone in. If it wasn't for Montgomery, I would have never met my most favorite author. Sure castle was a pain in the ass sometimes but when you get to know him, you find out he's not such a jack ass after all, he's even caring and loving. And deep Down inside, I loved him, more than anyone in my life, but he would never find out.

Just as I was about to finish my speech, I heard a "pow" then every thing started to slow down. Suddenly I was pushed to the ground after only seconds of the shot being fired. Then I finally felt it, the built burning through my chest. I looked up to see castle staring down into my eyes, he most of been the one to tackle me to the ground.
"Kate,stay with me."
I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Kate, stay with me, kate!"
I almost fell into the dark until I heard him say it.
"Kate,I love you, I love you Kate."
I tried to respond but the words just couldn't come out, until darkness fell around me and I stopped fighting.