Blame Beckett's POV

I was still a little in shock from what I had just heard. All I could think of was how could he remember me and not his own daughter or mother. I mean I have only known castle for four years and he has known Alexis since she was born, and his mother, he's known her ever since she gave birth to him, but he remembers me, Kate Beckett the most stubborn and obnoxious person in the world, why dose he remember me!!!

After a few minutes Javi and Kevin both could tell I was really not in the mood for company so they left to go back to work finding my shooter. I still had so many questions running through my head but the only thing I could really think about was rick. After a moment I knew I had to go see him, so with the help of a nurse I got into a wheelchair and was about to leave my room when a very familiar red head came into my room. It was obvious that she had been crying from her red swollen eyes and cheeks, she was still in her funeral clothes from the day before, and I sensed that the young High School senior was upset at me.

"Hey Alexis, um I was just about to go see your dad." My raspy voice came out of my mouth like I had been talking for a while. She just looked at me for a few moments till her voice finally broke the long silence.

"You know if it wasn't for your boyfriend my dad wouldn't be in this mess right now."

"He's not my boyfriend anymore Alexis, look I am so, so sorry abou-" she cut me off before I could finish.

"You know he remembers you and not me, I'm his own blood, he raised me for almost 18 years, he saw when I was born but he remembers a woman he only met four years ago, do you know how that makes me feel! He doesn't remember me at all, he doesn't remember playing laser tag when I was only 5, he doesn't remember getting me the Star Wars Light Sabers when I was only 10, he doesn't even know who I am! You know when I walked in his room to see him, the first thing he asked was 'where is Kate' witch I thought was fine, I thought he was concerned about the shot, but when I called him dad he freaked out and said he didn't know who I was and he had never seen me before in my life! Do you know how bad it hurts for the only parent you have that really cares about you, doesn't  even remember that you exist!!

I was a little thrown off course by Alexis talking to me like that, but I understood why she was so mad at me.

"Alexis I am so sorry, I know how it feels like to have a parent who doesn't know who you are, after my mother's death my dad was glued to a bottle, and because of all the alcohol he consumed, he had short time memory loss off and on for a while, and I know how it feels like you are living with a stranger. But I promise you, your dad is going to get better, and I can't explain why your father remembers me and no one else, but I promise you were going to get him through this. When it's over he is going to remember every last, second, of his life."

Everything went silent for a minute  but suddenly Alexis left the room, i know why she's mad at me I just wish none of this ever happened.