Fourth

MONIQUE

She hopped in the bus and sat on her usual seat, the one at back near the window. Last school day of the week for her and she wishes they will have saturday classes just so she could see him. She feels complete with him. Having him around her, completes her. Having small conversations with him makes her world stop.

After the long ride to school, she went straight to her locker then to her first class which is Music. There were a number of students there, earlier than the school bell. When she walked inside of the room, the girls were staring at her. Or let's just say, their looks are deadly or suspicious. Then they laughed at her. She shrugged it off and walked to find a place where she could seat while ignoring them.

She took her book out and of course, she read it.

"Hey," said the guy who just seated beside her. And she was taken aback and mentally battled with her inner self if she was awake or she was only dreaming.

"Hey," she said as she manage to let out a small giggle and tucked her hair in her ear but she struggled a little bit on her hair. And Ethan let out a small laugh.

She was embarrassed but at the same time, she was overwhelmed that she was the only who was greeted by the one and only Ethan Karpathy.

ETHAN

Today was odd for him, he entered his room earlier than expected. He usually enters the room exactly after the bell rings or he enters late that his teacher is just ignoring it.

Maybe he was just excited that it was Music.

Some girls were already there, making a circle at one corner, chitchatting each other. And there was an outcast who's reading a comic book, and someone popled out of her head; Monique. It's definitely Monique.

He found himself walking to where Monique is seated and sat beside her.

When the bell rang, everybody starts to enter the room, finding their own places, including their teacher.

"Okay, class, good morning, I am Mrs. Walters and I will be your Music teacher for the school year," their teacher introduced. She looks so pleasant and nice, and she's red headed.

"To start off with our year, let's hear everybody sing, I'll pick out some random name on the list and who ever will be picked, will sing for us, okay? Okay. Let's start off with---" she said without pausing and she checks on her class record.

We all hanged up on her, waiting for the name she will call.

"Ethan Karpathy, Mr. Ethan Karpathy?" She said while questioning who and where he was.

Ethan stood up and slowly walked to the front, grabbing a guitar with him.

When he got to the front, he glanced at everyone inside the room. He let out a big sigh and held a gripped at his guitar and started to strum in the tune of Shawn Mendes' 'Stitches'. And started to sing.

MONIQUE

After the teacher called out Ethan's name, she suddenly felt excited. She hadn't heard him sing before. She also didn't know he could play a guitar.

He strummed the guitar to the tune of her favorite song, Shawn Mendes' 'Stitches'.

Everyone's eyes and ears was glued on him especially the girls. He had a very good and angelic voice aside from having good looks and undeniably hotness.

'Damn, this boy is talented,' she talked to her inner self for she never had a friend to share it.

Midway of the song, she was daydreaming again while staring at his dazzling brown eyes. She never knew she was this good.

He's perfect. That's simple. I know, nobody is perfect. But, for some, he is, he is some god for them. They would do anything for him.

One thing hit her, she realized there are so many girls out there who is dying for him and out of those girls, she's nothing. She's nothing compared to the others. She will never have a chance with him.

She shrugged it off and thought that he's talking to her so she definitely have a chance.

But anyways, he was about to hit the last not and the girls were what you ere expecting, swooning, daydreaming of him, and fangirls ove him. But he seemed to do not care.

He earned a very huge applause from his classmates and their teacher which he rightfully deserve after a very good performance.

"Thank you," he said while leaving a smile and walk back to his seat.

"That was awesome," she commented as soon as Ethan reached his seat.

"Thanks, did you like it?" He asked.

"Obviously, I did," she remarked not sounding much of fangirling.

"Okay, that was so good," their teacher walked back to the center looking at her class record.

"For the next one, it's gonna be," she continued then called out the next performer, then the next, and so on and so forth.

Until we're down to one more left who is unfortunately her.

"Fuck," she cussed beneath her breaths not wanting the teacher to hear.

"Ms. Monique, last but not the least, come on up here," their teacher said.

She faked a smile and walked to the front. And stood there for a little moment. She held her head down before turning it to Ethan's direction and looked at him for a second before singing.

She decided to sing Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams'. It's her jamm

She doesn't have anything on her mind while singing except from the image of Ethan that had been stuck there for a year now.

"In your wildest dreams..."

She ended the song without breaking any glance at Ethan who seems to be listening to her.

"Thank you, Ms. Whitesides," the teacher said and Monique smiled at her walked back to her desk.

"Hey, you sing pretty well," said by the boy of her wildest dreams.

"Thanks," she don't know what the right words to say but that.

The bell rang signalling the time for their second class. She hurriedly got her things up and made her way to her locker which is two lockers away from Ethan. She got her book for the next subject and slammed the door before locking it. And made her way to her next class.

One thing crossed her mind, Ethan liked the way she sang, and that made her smile.

****

•thaliaxmonique