Tenth

MONIQUE

Today's monday. The whole day was quiet. He hasn't talked to me today, he's back to the normal him, the snob Ethan is back. I don't know what had got into him. Did I do anything? I tried reaching out to him this morning by starting a conversation but he just totally ignored me. And that fucking hurts.

Oh well, that's it, I get it, boys will be boys. After they make you fall for them, they'll leave you bluntly. Oh wait, he did not make me fall he just made friends with me, I just assumed things. After making you believe that they'll be by your side, they'll leave you, without warning.

I'm partly sad because of the ignoring he is doing, but partly happy that he once came into my life and made me feel special. Well, atleast, he did not fail doing it, eventhough if it really was his plan.

"Hey, Frizzy," Chris greeted while passing through me in the hallway while he shoved me to the side. He is with his squad and his new girl since Kyle was suspended and oh, that includes Ethan.

I tried to pick my things up when I suddenly felt someone helped me, and I turned to see HIM, trying to help.

"Thank you," I said.

He didn't even bother to look at me and left promptly. This is killing me, I want to talk to him but then his actions make me don't want to do it.

'Monique, what the hell? You should not be upset about this. You prepared for this to happen' I told myself, forcing myself to get over it.

ETHAN

"What the hell, Chris? Why did you do that to her?" I asked Chris after I catched up with them after I rudely helped Monique to get up. I aggresively held him on his shoulders to held back him from walking.

"What?" He asked smirking.

Now I'm pissed so I just walked away from them while shaking my head from disbelief he actually did that.

"I told you he liked her," I heard someone said who I assume is Jakob to Chris.

I turned around.

"So now what?" I asked half yelling as we are still in school. They shoudn't have did that.

"What if I like her?" I asked again and that's true, I think I like her now.

"Let's go, Etho, we need some catch up to do," Jakob said smiling while placing his arms into my shoulder and just walked.

Chris on the other hand was also chuckling at the side while catching up with us. He practically left the girl there.

That was all their plan all along just to make me admit I do like her. That was funny tho.

So we ended up being in my crib for that catch up session they were saying. I asked my mom once we get there to prepare some food and went to my room.

I ended up telling them my growing feelings for Monique and that I am trying to ignore her just to sort everything out. Just to sort what I do really have for her.

I know I acted rude towards her today and I know she's angry or depress or anxious or whatever she is feeling, I know it's bad. I want to make it up to her

And I know ignoring her wasn't a goid choice.

During the weekend, I kind of thought things out and I thought I have to keep things slow and surely. But I know it's hard and I'm itching to talk to her.

***

MONIQUE

Another week had past and he hasn't talked to me yet. I feel so depressed plus the fact that Steve and my Mom are always fighting, I got no one to talk to not like when I got him. I haven't told him my family's situation yet, I can't, but atleast I'll have someone to talk to, not like this where I keep everything to myself.

I feel like staying at my Dad's house but my Mom is rejecting it. She said she needs me here. And I also can't say no to her since she's being mollested by her so called husband. I care for her although she never tells me what is going on with her.

Today is Monday, another torture for me. I got to the bus stop extra early today. And to my surprise, Ethan was just trailing behind me, looking so gorgeous as always.

He never talked to me and Chris was not bullying me anymore which is surprising. Oh, and today's the day where Kyla will have to go back to school. Great just great.

ETHAN

She's standing there, casually. Not making any glances just staring at the street, blankly and I'm standing at the other side secretly staring at her and by the looks of it, she's overthinking. And I know what it is, Kyla's going back to school today. And she's probably worried about it. She probably thinks the bullying will start again, that's half true.

Well half of me, is quite guilty because she may not tell me this but when I started hanging out with her, I know she got a lot of threats and bullying from most of the girls in school. Even when Kyla was not around. And that's half of the reason I am ignorning her now.

Once we got into the bus, since we sat next to each other I can feel her tense up since Kyla was with Chris now and the look from her eyes is saying something that is trying to warn her that she is back now so be prepared. So I secretly texted Chris to distract Kyla so she'll take her eyes off Monique.

That's one of the reason for ignoring her again. She may not want to tell me this, but I know she's still being bullied even without Kyla around. I know it's because of me hanging out with her.

This time, I'll be there to watch her. I will protect her with all my might. I'll be her discrete hero.

****

@thaliaxmonique