Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Zayn’s P.O.V

Wow that was too close!  We were standing outside the door of the kitchen listening to Allison and Kendall’s conversation. In the middle of their conversation they began to sing. They said it was their first cheer they did when they were seven. I just noticed that she is a cheerleader since the age of seven and which was their first cheer, all that by eavesdropping. They began to sing and let me tell you it was more shouting that singing. I didn’t really care; they seemed happy and for some odd reason it also made me happy. After they finished their cheer we heard a slightly bang so I entered and saw something that scared the shit out of me. Kendall’s feet slip and she almost felt. I let my instincts take over me. I ran and caught her. She was ready to feel the heavy impact but I stopped it.  She slowly opened her eyes waiting to see what had caught her.  When she saw me she slightly blushed and gave me a shyly smile. She was still in my arms. It felt good, like she belongs here, in my arms, with me.

After about five minutes of her being in my arms, she stood up and mumbled a thank you. I already missed her touch and the feeling when our skins touched. Allison immediately run and gave her a tight hug. Well it was obvious she was worried, I mean she is her best friend. Even the boys were worried; I could see it in their faces.

Everyone got normal and began to do the things they were doing. We continued preparing the things for the movies. Kendall decided to finish the pop corns, well more of make them again. They got burnt. We were now in the living room with Allison deciding the movie. They were between a scary movie and a funny one. I preferred the funny but the scary won. Kendall never came back, so I decided to go check on her. When I entered, I saw Kendall sitting in the counter with her legs against her chest. Her face was buried in her knees. I walked over her and put a hand on her shoulder. She was deep in her thought because when I touched her she got scared. She was an easy person to scare. She looked up at me.

“Hey” She quietly said.

“Hey what’s up?” Concern clear on my voice.

“Nothing much, just thinking.” She shrugged.

“About what? If you don’t care telling me, if not its fine with me” I said hoping she would tell me and she did.

“No its fine, I was just thinking about earlier. About the fall and how I didn’t give you real thanks.” She said as a matter of fact.

“Don’t worry its fine.” I said.

“No it’s not, you just saved my life.” She said.

“You sound like I’m a superhero.” I said laughing and wiggling my eyebrows at her.

“No I don’t, but anyways thank you about that earlier. If you wouldn’t have caught me I would be in the hospital by now.” She slightly chuckled and did something I never saw coming. She gave me a peck in the cheek. After that she turned on her heels and walked out of the door. I felt like sparkles and a tingle. Something I have never felt before.

I got back to the living room that was dark now. I searched for a place to sit and found an empty space next to Kendall.

Kendall’s P.O.V

Zayn just saved my life, well not saved but yes, he prevented me from having a real bad injure. I could have got a serious injure in my head and I wouldn’t be able to do cheer, so then – NO I don’t even like to think about that. But then while making the pop corns I began to think about all the things that could have happened if Zayn wouldn’t have caught me. I felt bad I didn’t even got to say a real and proper thanks to Zayn. I felt a touch in shoulder, so I looked up to see who it was. It was Zayn and we began to talk. I told him what was I thinking and thanked him. I don’t know why but when I’m around him I feel free to be myself, like no one will judge me. Then I did something that neither Zayn nor I expected, I gave him a kiss in the cheek. Then I went back to the living room and sat down on the couch. Then I realized there was just an empty space next to me. That means Zayn has to sit next to me. GREAT! I just hope that the kiss I gave him, doesn’t make things awkward, that’s the last thing I want.