Love of an Alpha

PRELUDE

"Oh my God, he's gorgeous" I said looking down at my son.

"We make good looking pups, don't we" Seth said beaming as he looked at me holding our newly born son.

No more than an hour before, I was in the worst pain of my life. But it was all worth it looking down at my beautiful son.

"What shall we call him Seth?" I asked looking up at my mate.

"We will call him Arez" he said with pride.

*******************

CHAPTER ONE

I could hear my mum fussing around downstairs fixing my mine and my older brothers breakfast. I could here her humming along to the music she had playing. My mother loved such a wide range of music, she always told us music can heal a broken soul. It always made me smile when I thought of our many conversations about music.

After getting dressed in a pair of black tight bootleg pants (which made my butt look amazing), white singlet and a black little cardi, and my favourite red doc martines. I went into my bathroom to do my hair and make up for school.

We have a fairly big house, 6 rooms and 3 bathrooms. Our house backs on to an amazing forest, which I love to shift into my wolf and go for a run through forest to the river.

"Tori!! Jack!! Brekky is ready!!" My mum called up the stairs.

I heard my brother rush down the hall past my room yelling out that he was coming.

"Coming mother." I called out to her, she always hated me calling her that. I heard her growl which made me giggle.

I have my self the once over in my full body mirror. I had straightened my long black hair and done my eyes quite dark to make my pale blue eyes pop. I nodded at my appearance, grabbed my sling bag which had a cute lil devil fairy on it and headed down for breakfast.

As I walked into the kitchen my brother was complaining about wanting more bacon.

I frowned at him and said " you should be a pig farmer instead of the next beta" I then added

" I swear every morning you try and scam my bacon"

"Now, now you two, its to early for bickering." My mum intervened.

Just as she said that my dad walked in the back door which was in our kitchen.

"Good morning beautiful" he said to my mum every morning.

"Morning handsome" my mum cooed.

Dad come around to my brother and ruffled his hair and said "Morning son". Jack got annoyed with dad wrecking his hair and just growled with mouth full of food. Dad came over to me and kissed my forehead " morning baby girl " I looked up and smiled at him and replied " Moooooorning daddy" he chuckled and sat down next to me.

My dad is the beta of our pack, which is called "The Black Diamonds". But like the Alpha, his time is coming to an end. My brother will take my dads place as will Alpha Stevens's son.

"Morning Beta Morgan and mrs Morgan" Arez said cheerfully as he walked in the back door.

"Morning Arez, are you hungry?" My mother said as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Leave the boy alone Tess, they need to get to school" dad said over his paper. Mum just huffed at dad then looked up at Arez waiting for his reply.

"No I'm fine, thank you. Mum made me eat before I left this morning" Arez replied as he walked over to Jack.

"Morning brother" he said "You ready for our final week of school?"

"Wish it would go faster" Jack replied

"Dude tell me about it" Arez giggled

My brother and Ares ( the alphas son ) have been best friends since they were young pups. I suppose it's because they will be ruling this pack, that's why they had an instant bond.

"How are you, snot face?" Arez said to me with a teasing smile

"Oh bite me, doofus" I said as I got up and gave my parents a kiss good bye

"Bye mum, bye daddy" I said as I walked out of the house to my car.

I'm so glad I don't have to ride with those morons to school anymore.I thought as I got into my car. My dad had bought me a black Cadillac for my 16th birthday, almost a year ago. Which is the same time I shifted for the first time.

My wolf is bigger than most regular wolves because my father is a beta. And I'm a lot stronger than regular wolves as well.

When I arrived at school. I was walking to my locker when my best friend Megan came upto me.

"Hello my dear" I said happily

"Hey hey" she replied. We started chatting and I told her about all the stuff mums had me doing for the upcoming pack meeting in two weeks.

That's where they hand over the alpha and beta title to my brother and Arez.

" I wonder how long till we get a Luna?" Megan asked ( her father was Alpha Stevens third in command and her older brother was taking that position in two weeks as well)

" Who knows Megan, it may take years for Arez to find his mate" I said to Megan who was playing with my hair.

" And anyway who could possibly fall inlove with that utter moron anyway" I added laughing.

"I know right!" Megan agreed " I remember when he threw mud at my face when I was nine" she said staring off remembering the mud episode.

I giggled and said " come on Megan it's pretty funny"

"To you maybe, it took six washes to get all that mud out of my hair" she said running hands over her head.

Just then the bell rang and we went to our first class which was P.E

Worst part about being a werewolf in a school with human, you have to hold back when it comes to the physical side of things.

At lunch I went to the cafeteria and met up with Megan and my other girlfriends.

"Hey hey all" I said to them

They were all talking about turning seventeen.

When a wolf turns seventeen, they are ready to find their mates. Wolves in power such as me tend to find their mates pretty quickly.

"Can't believe I'm seventeen tomorrow!! I hope I find my mate soon" Sharni exclaimed.

She had shoulder length blonde hair that was layered and she had very delicate features with pale green eyes. You could get lost looking into them.

"Oh don't remind me about mates" I grumbled. " I don't want mate for a few years"

I started thinking about my own birthday the next week and not looking forward to it. I don't want a mate, I like being single and I am too independent to have a mate....

"Oh I can't wait!!!" Sharni squealed and snapped me out of my thoughts.

She is all about love that girl, I thought to myself and smiled.

The rest of the day went off without a hitch.

When I arrived home my mum was all excited planning my birthday party for next week. My mum loved being busy and I smiled while I watched her buzzing around the kitchen working out tables for my birthday. Seating places is crucial, you wouldn't want to offend a wolf family in power that's for sure.

"Hey ma, I'm home" I called out to her.

She jumped up.

"Oh Tori!" She exclaimed " you scared me honey"

I giggled at her and said

"I'm going to my room, loads of homework ma" I kissed her cheek and went to my room.

***************

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE MY VERY FIRST EVER CHAPTER FROM MY VERY FIRST EVER NOVEL :)

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!