Chapter Six: The Truth

A/N: I hope you all are enjoying Imperfections. If you relate to this book, please comment or message me at any time!

ENJOY!!!

Chapter Six

“Yes.” I answered him.

“Are you serious? Please don’t be joking, Hallie.” He sounded desperate. Something you rarely hear in a player’s voice.

“I’m one hundred percent serious.” I said.

“I’ll pick you up for the date next Saturday. It’s the only day I’m not busy. Is that okay with you?” He is so sweet. Maybe I could be treated right this time. Maybe I wouldn’t be left heartbroken this time.

“Yeah, it’s perfect.” I felt my lips curve into a smile. Abby hit my shoulder when she saw my smile. I looked over her and her face looked so happy.

“Bye, Hallie. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said before hanging up.

“Hallie! He was so sweet about it.” Abby squealed.

**********************************************************************************************************

“How did you get here Niall again because I never saw a car?” I asked him.

“I took a taxi. Shoot, I have to get home. Here drop me off. I’ll ring a taxi.” He said taking his phone out of his pocket.

“No, I’ll drive. I’m not leaving you in the street to wait for a taxi. I’m already driving you. It’s not a big deal for me. Just tell me where your house is.” I told him. I’m not leaving Niall in the street to wait for a taxi. That is so dangerous and I don’t know if a fan might kidnap him.

“Okay then.” He nodded and proceeded to tell me his address. I knew how to get to London so from there Niall would direct me to his home.

“Why do you put up with Niall? You don’t need to. You can have a talk with them and tell them they either can be your friends or you’re done with their shit.” I asked. I wouldn’t have the strength to even attempt this. 

“I have to. We are supposed to be best mates for the media. I would talk to them but I don’t think I’m strong enough.” He said.

“Yes, you can. I believe in you.” I told him.

“You are a better friend than all of my friends in the past. Thank you.” He gave me an awkward hug as I drive.

“Don’t thank me yet. I’m happy to help. I’m always there to listen anytime. I don’t care it’s three am or I’m somewhere. I’ll listen because you are my friend.” I smiled.

“Can you at least be there when I talk to them? Stay in car if you want but I just need to know you are there.”

“Of course.” I smile warmly. We drove and chatted for a while before Niall screamed out.

“Stop! Stop right here!” He screamed causing me press the brakes hard. I hit my head not too hard on the steering wheel from the sudden lack of motion. I groaned.

“What was so important?” I glared at Niall. He pointed to a Nando’s. I shook my head.

“Get down! I want food! Come on, we can get food together!” He got out of his seat impatiently. I parked my car before I got down. Niall had already ran into the restaurant. “Hallie!” He yelled as I walked inside. Suddenly, everyone noticed Niall and I. Well, that’s what I get for letting a famous person get down without a disguise. We were suddenly surrounded by tons of fourteen-year-old girls. Niall started breathing shallowly. Was he claustrophobic?