Chapter Ten: To Forgive You Must Deserve It

CHAPTER TEN

"Zayn?" I asked. What is he doing here?

"You have no idea how bad I feel." Was he going to tell me he was lying about that kiss? Or that he was leaving? I'm such a mess. "I shouldn't have left you by yourself. You just got out of a hospital. I should have dropped you off at Olivia's house." Oh. Well it was stupid of me to think that anyway.

"It's fine."

"No it's not fine." He stated sternly like he was mad at himself. "I really, uh, really want to apologize to you. I'm just sorry and I know it won't be enough for what I did but I want to start on a new slate. I want us to start over. Let's just forget about what happened between us and pretend it never happened."

Zayn's POV

I'm obviously an idiot. I just told her that I don't want to remember anything that happened between us when that's what I am trying to get us to. She didn't hesitate with her answer.

"Okay I'm okay with that." She smiled. I loved it when she smiled. She looked more beautiful, if that was possible, when she smiled. Her face lights up and her lips curl up beautifully and it just makes me want to hold her and kiss her. She only thought me of someone who could be friends with her at most. I screwed it up from that last time and she screamed at me to get out of her house. It took me surprise because she was always a calm girl. She never yelled. Shouting was rare for her. I guess I really angered her until the point she would scream at me.

"Zayn?" She said bring back to reality. She was so beautiful I just get in a daze looking at her.

"Yeah," I said. I needed an excuse to talk to her. I know she'll leave soon if I don't. "Hallie, would you come on a walk with me? I kind of don't want to be alone." I want to be alone with you though, I thought. I now had an excuse to touch her or hold her hand.

"Um...I guess so." She said with her perfect voice. I could listen to her talk for hours and hours and never get bored or annoyed.

"Let's go then." I took her hand forgetting that she wasn't mine anymore for a moment but to my surprise, she didn't protest. She and I had our hand entwined together like when we were together. It felt the warmth from her hand warming her hand. We walked close together. I repeatedly would feel her arm brush against mine. I would get chills from her touch. It was magnetic.

"Zayn, I need to get back." She said. I ignored her. I need to be with her just a few more moments. "Zayn! I need to get back now!" She shouted. She tried to pull her hand from mine. She succeed but I pulled her back and kissed her. She protested at first but she stopped and kissed me. I didn't care about the world that could be watching us because right now it seemed like no one was there but us.

****************************************************************************************************************

Hallie's POV

I woke up still remembering the kiss Zayn and I shared yesterday. I smiled before getting up to shower and get my clothes. I choose a pair of white shorts with silver accents on the back pockets. I wore a ¾-sleeve cream Peter Pan collar shirt. I grabbed a pair of white ballerina flats and my school bag; a black cross body. I put my hair in a high ponytail and let my ends curl naturally. I applied my makeup and reapplied it until it looked perfect. Brent never wakes up until noon so no one was awake and Audrey got the week off so I could skip breakfast without anyone noticing.

I was having one of those days again. One of those days that you could cry if a pen drops or lock myself in the bathroom and cry all day long. I felt buzz of my phone as I decided to go down. It was from my mother.