Chapter Three: The Day Before

A/N: If you have read any of my other stories... You know I am working on all of them at once! I have 18+ stories that haven't even been published on this site yet that I work on so I have a little and SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT author's note at the end of the chapter.

Chapter Three

"Hallie, you barely know anything about them! We have to fix that!" Abby whined. I sighed. She has been bothering me with this for the last week. The day after tomorrow was the concert and she has asked at least five times today.

"Fine." I immediately regretted those words. Abby squealed in glee, grabbing my arm and pulling me down to sit on the sofa.

"Okay so here you go a picture of them." She pulled of a picture of the five boys she ridiculously in love with from somewhere. "This is Harry Styles. He's the youngest one. He's going to be my husband. He's nineteen. He has brown, oh god his hair is so hot isn't it?" Abby got flustered, thinking about her 'husband's' hair. I rolled my eyes and replied with a simple no.

"No I wasn't aware of the fact you could have hot hair but carry on please." I forced a smile. I was something swimming her eyes. No, it can't be. She let a squeal out. It is. She's going to make me actually remember this. She has a plan to humiliate me.

"Okay and he nineteen. He-" My phone blared as the ringer went off. I was quick to grab it. It was my parents' ringtone.

"Hello?" I answered the phone with a slight chance of hope my parents wanted to spend time with me.

"Where the fuck are you?" My mother's cold voice replied. My hope shattered as I went back to my normal reality. My mother was never very happy to talk or look at me.

"I'm at Abby's house." I stated. Why would she be so mad at me being at Abby's? My parents loved to push me out of the house whenever they were home.

"Dammit, Elizabeth where is she?" I heard my father's angry voice boom at the telephone.

"We have a dinner party." She hissed. "You better be fucking here in thirty minutes or else, you self-centered bitch. Going off to Abigail's house, thinking she actually cares about you and embarrassing us like this." I felt the familiar pang of hurt, tear rushing to my eyes, threatening to drop. I felt that pang of worthless. I didn't mean anything to them. My parents never really liked me. They always preferred my younger and prettier sister, Victoria. Why did they call me when they had my sister? Obviously, Victoria wasn't available. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I locked up all the feelings I just felt. I know my parents don't care. It just hurts sometimes knowing that your own parents don't care about you.

"Hallie?" Abby's voice brought me back. Her tone was softer. Abby's never seen me cry. I hate crying in public. I never cry unless I'm alone. God, I feel so pathetic. I didn't want Abby to see me like this.

"Yeah, Abby I have to go home." I looked at my clothes. I was wearing high-waisted short shorts and a t-shirt. "Abby could you help me get dressed for a dinner party I have at my house right now. You can make me look gorgeous." I smiled and winked. Just like that, I hide my pain. I've done it so many times that it becomes a habit.

"Hallie, of course I will!" She got excited and started jumping up and down. I laughed and started forgetting about what happened earlier. "Come on!" She wrapped her fingers around my wrist and pulled at it.

I got up and followed her, tripping over my own feet as I tried to catch up with her. She opened her room and sat me down on her chair.

"Okay what dress do you like? Actually here I'll decide for you." She went through her closet, with her face completely serious with a trace of happiness. "How about this red number?" She showed me a strapless sweetheart neckline dress. It had crinkled on the top until it stopped at my waist with a bow where it clung on to my lower body. It was pretty but it didn't see me wearing something like that.