Home Is Where You Are (2)

Author's POV

Has it been a day? A week? A month? Or a year? Juvia doesn't even know anymore, for it seems like forever to the poor girl who had been sitting in the middle of a storm, all alone...

"He'll come back.. Maybe it took longer than he thought, but Juvia is sure he'll come back." The water-mage told herself for the millionth time as she wiped hot tears pouring from her eyes. How long has she been crying? It's hard to tell since the cascading rain always seem to muffle her tears.

Gray-sama wouldn't like it if he came home and it's all rainy. So Juvia needs to smile in order for the rain to stop.
The bluentte thought to herself and attempted to cast off the despair she's feeling, but failed miserably. She's back to her old gloomy self without her sunshine, the man who showed her the blue skies, her Gray-sama.

Juvia was feeling dizzy and lightheaded for a while now, maybe it's because of being exposed to the cold rain, maybe from barely eating, maybe the fact that her heart is shattered, or maybe because of it all. That was when she heard a voice calling out her name.

"Juvia!" The voice called as she saw a figure closing in on her. Juvia's eyes widen and staggered across the slippery soil..

"G-gray-sama..." She muttered, her shattered heart igniting with hope. The man held her, her vision was as blurry as ever but she managed to wrap her arms around him.

"Gray-sama! You came back!" The bluenette weakly sobbed

"Eh? Juvia... It's natsu.." The male proclaim, making Juvia stare straight at him and finally confirming what the man said... It is indeed Natsu.. And not the man she was yearning for. Juvia felt pain in her chest again but before a new bunch of tears pour out, she felt her body shut down and the last thing she heard was the concerned screams of her name.

***

"How long do you think she's been out in the rain?" Lucy asked, concern and pity etched on her face as she looked at Juvia's form being treated by Wendy.

"Long enough to make her that sick.. I mean, Juvia being sick because of water is not a thing to be seen everyday." Natsu replied.

"There, that should do for now. Let's give her time to rest." The blue-haired dragon slayer retorted.

"Poor Juvia.." Happy worriedly said

"So she lived here all by herself?" The blond asked. Natsu sniffed around and found a scent that made his eyebrows furrow

"I can smell Gray's scent. Is gray here?" The fire dragon slayer said. The four guest searched the small cottage yet no sign of the ravenette was found.

"Weird.. It really reeks of that pervert in here but he's no where to be found." Natsu scratched his chin when a small and trembling voice caught their attention

"T-that's because gray-sama l-lived here... T-together with Juvia..." The bluenette managed to say despite being utterly weak

"Eh?" The rest of the mages yelled in unison.

"It w-was the best t-times of Juvia's life... We s-shared meals together, f-fought together, kept each o-other company and slept in t-the same bed... J-juvia couldn't really ask for anything more." The water mage smiled to herself as she remembered those moments that she treasure. But her tears began to flow again as she added:

"But maybe Gray-sama didn't feel the same way... Maybe Gray-sama was sick of her... Maybe t-that's why he left Juvia alone." An excruciating pain in the chest course through Juvia as she let that thought sunk in. It hurts, it really does.. But the bluenette could think of any other reason for Gray to leave her, other than that.