Past Tense

Gray's POV

"Oi, ice-princess! Erza said that she'll be dragging us in one of her S-class missions. How sweet is that?! I don't know about you but I'd definitely won't let that amazon lady take all the credits." Natsu the egg-head was grinning from ear to ear while yapping like a dog.

"If you're suggesting we sabotage the she-hulk's mission or start training like weak mages then I have no time for that. I've got business to do." I replied

"What's this business that's more important than building higher reputation? C'mon, Gray!" Ugh! There's no use trying to talk my way out of this stupid one. I caught sight of Erza in my peripheral vision and yelled:

"Hey, Erza! Natsu won't stop bugging me about sabotaging your mission! He's planning to throw out the cakes you're about to pack for it!" Immediately, the red-head rushed to grab Natsu by the hair and dragged him towards the door. Natsu looked at me with a mixture of rage and fear. I smirked and waved my hand at him. Ha! Serves him right!

***

I checked the time and saw that I was already 10 minutes late. Damn, this is Natsu's fault! I already ran like my life depended on it and still I was welcomed by a scowling (and clearly pissed off) Juvia, at our meeting place.

"Hey.." I called out and kissed her cheek but she just glared at me and pouted her lips.

"Gray-sama said that he'll make it up to Juvia. Is being late on a date your idea of making it up?" She spat out. Dammit, I'm in trouble.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok? Natsu held me up and... I bought these for you..." I told her and handed the roses those of same color as her hair. Juvia rolled her eyes but accepted the flowers. She shot me a glare and tried to suppress the impending smile about to curve on her lips. This girl is so freaking adorable even when she's mad.

If you're wondering why this adorable water mage is mad at me then here's what happened:

~Flashback~

Cana and I were playing cards when Juvia barged in and hugged me. Catching the attention of everyone around us.

"O-oi, Juvia. I can't move properly when you're hugging me like that." I said. Juvia smiled and pinched my cheek.

"Aww, Gray-sama is blushing! So cute!" She said. Which made Cana chuckle and asked:

"You sure you guys are not dating? Because you seem very very close to me." The brunette snickered. I felt my cheeks heat up, I stood up and shouted:

"No we're not!" Before I knew it, Juvia harshly let go of my arm and grumpily stormed out the guild.

~End of Flashback~

Truth is, Juvia and I had been dating for a month now. But it was never really announced throughout the guild, maybe I was shocked or just not ready to admit just yet that I'm dating somebody. After all, Juvia is the first girl that made me took the risk of being in a relationship with someone. Anyway, the point is, I'm taking her out on a date right now to make up for denying her in front of Cana the other day.

We went to the town and shop for things that she mainly finds cute or attractive. We ate food and sat down by the park bench while chatting away the hours. One of the main reasons why I fell for this girl is, she appreciates the little things. You need not buy her an expensive gift or take her to dinner in those fancy restaurants to please her, just a little time and affection while suffice. We were casually strolling through the busy streets of town when Juvia yanked my arm and said: