Chapter Thirteen: On Edge

Now, I may be overreacting; it could just be a prank. But, given the circumstances, I took it seriously. I armed myself with a kitchen knife (thank god mom wasn't home to see me with a knife) and went all around the house locking windows and doors, then triple-checking that they were locked. I then inspected the letter. Only the three words. I grabbed my phone (and kept the knife with me) and started texting Josh.

Dominic: Josh, I have a problem.

Josh: ?

Dominic: I saw I got a letter when I got home, and it told me to lock the doors, as if to warn me.

Josh: I'll be over in 2 minutes.

{Josh's POV} ("Finally", I know.)

I told my mom I was going over to Dominic's house. Since we live literally right next to each other, I don't really have to worry about when I get back. I knocked on his door and he let me in.

He handed me a piece of paper. The letter he told me about.

"It has to be them. I got their best friend in jail." Dominic panicked.

"It's okay, w-we can go to the police."
I suggested.

"What if it is  just a prank?"

"Then, assuming it's them, they'll still be in trouble. Fake or not, you can't send threatening letters to others."

Dominic thought it over.

"That is true. However, I think we should keep this between us. I don't feel now would be the right time for the media to be involved." Dominic stated.

"Glad you caught that. Well, our parents will be home soon, so I should be getting back home. Love you. Stay safe." I said.

"Love you." he replied.

{Dominic's POV}

Josh left, so it's up to me for tonight.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this unfortunately short chapter! xD Tbh I can't really promise an upload schedule, because of school (common excuse, I know) and because I am trying to work on my other story cx

Anyways, thanks for understanding!

M