Chapter 11: Torture

I simply gaped at Larkin, how did he figure me out? "Don't worry, secrets safe with me," He answered with a wink. I stared at him, not knowing how to reply at my defeat of acting. A light streamed in the door, as I noticed the familiar man that Larkin named Crowley walk in. "Getting acquainted already?" He asked, a knife in hand, the light reflecting off of it. "I didn't think I would need many utensils for torturing you, considering I don't believe it will take much to get information from you." I glared daggers at him, how dare he think that? He accuses of me being weak, he didn't look strong neither.

"Cat caught your tongue?" Crowley wondered, gripping my shoulders roughly before shoving me up to stand on my feet. My legs wobbled, but I didn't give him the satisfaction of showing a sign of vulnerability. "Now, when I ask a question, you answer." He explained, fiddling with the knife as he began. "What do you know about yourself so far?" I glared, "I don't see how that is any of your business." It seemed like the wrong thing to say to the King of Hell, as he tilted his head slightly in amusement, his brown eyes darkening with anger. "Everything is my damn business." He hissed.

 I held my stance, not breaking his hard gaze. "Since this pest won't give me what I want, I was hoping you would listen, along with doing as I say." He clucked, before I knew it, his knife tore into my tendons, my thigh bleeding out. It took me a second for a wave of the intensified pain to rip through me, along with a scream. A scorching pain followed, the metal sliced through my skin with little effort, digging straight in. The searing burn flared up my leg, consuming me in agony. He jerked the knife in a bit further before yanking it out suddenly. My vision blurred as tears lined my eyes. I felt the cold, hard concrete underneath me as I fell in a heap, slamming into the ground and shaking with shock. Tears glistened in my eyes, I have never experienced this kind of pain before, it was unbearable. A wave of nausea hit me, followed by a headache as the burning pain suddenly was replaced with a tingling sensation. I sighed in relief when the pain instantly stopped, my black eyes flashed as he watched me curiously. "I see, an angel blade doesn't hurt you as harshly as long as it should." He noted, taking out a liquid. I could feel the replacement of my demon, as my angel switched. He threw the liquid at my face. I shut my eyes, spitting it out of my mouth.  

I tried to reach my face to wipe off the remaining water, but unable to reach it. "Holy water doesn't harm you. What did you feel in between those two phases of the blade and the water? Did you feel a switch?" He asked, squinting his eyes. I flicked my gaze towards my bloodied leg, but seeing that everything was healed. I ignored his question, carrying on with my thoughts. As the tip of his knife forced my chin up as my eyes rested on his, I realized that was a mistake.

"What-" He paused, trailing the knife down my arm as he continued, "Did you feel the change?" Taking me off guard with the knife, more water was thrown at me. I screeched, the smell of burning flesh hitting my nostrils. I didn't satisfy him with an answer, but it seemed he was figuring me out all on his own. Curse my terrible acting, I would have to come up with another plan. "Interesting, I am wondering how I can kill her," Crowley glared at Larkin who shrugged. "You are the next one on my torture list," he spat, trudging out of the room in a huff.

"Let's escape," I said, allowing determination to fill my voice. Larkin snorted, "Essence, if I could, I would have done so by now. We need an angel to save the day," he said ironically. "I can help with that," I urged, Castiel instantly popping into my mind. I delayed the thought, he could get hurt from helping me.

"Pray for all I care," Larkin brushed off, ignoring my idea like it was absurd that I knew an angel. I could barely clasp my hands together, but once I did I shut my eyes. "Castiel, I wanted to update you on what has happened. So remember when I said I didn't want you to save me? Yeah, well, I was told I'd be helping out angels and innocents, but I sincerely doubt that is actually happening. I am with Crowley, and he isn't really my favorite person. I hope you understand I wouldn't be asking this unless I truly needed your help, I am afraid I have found out the purpose of my existence, and so far it isn't looking good when I am with him. He wants answers that I am not giving him." I rambled on, starting to forget that I wasn't alone in the dungeon as I carried on. "I miss you, Castiel. I almost forgive you fully for what you put me through. I just wanted you to save me when I was a little girl, I still cannot believe you wiped my memories without my permission..." I stopped myself from getting too off topic. "Anyways, this could be a chance for you to not abandon me." I took a deep breath, finishing it off, "I am seriously sorry for this terrible prayer, so hakuna matata, amen." I finished proudly.

"That was an odd prayer," Larkin noted, looking at me weirdly. "Shut up," I said, not knowing how to respond. Crowley walked in once again, this time with a silver contraption in one hand, and in the other needles. I cursed under my breath, not knowing what it was. "This is a procedure that probably won't work on you, but I thought it is a good torture technique for getting answers." Crowley explained, starting with putting the silver ring over my head. The needles were long and sharp, making me want to shrivel up, out of his grasp. "Please, no," I pleaded. I think people underestimate things when they volunteer. I volunteered, knowing I would be tortured to some extent. Pain seemed to me at the time like nothing, I felt invincible. The only thing setting my hope on fire was the determination and small ounce of hope that Castiel would save me.

***

1137 words

Seriously sorry for the late update! My computer charger is broken... It is flimsy. I am not going to blame it on my clumsiness, even though it was probably because of that...

I knew I had to update, so I decided to type it on my phone, I wasn't expecting the struggle of it! 

Anyways! Thank you all for sticking with me! 

4 votes or comments= immediate chapter

The first person to comment there thoughts on the book/or chapter gets a dedication to the next chapter!