Chapter 18: Christmas Tree

Dear Essence, (Writing my name seriously makes me realize how much I extremely dislike it. Like honestly, who has the name Essence? Maybe no one really loves there name.)

Christmas was amazing. We all had eggnog and ham, including so much other food no one would believe how much an angel and two hunters can actually eat. When we finished eating, we talked about stupid things that didn't matter, and opened up a bunch of presents. I had a little bit of time to myself, so I snuck out of the house and bought them presents. I bought Sam some books that didn't involve hunting of any sort. For Dean I bought him new clothes, because have you seen his closet, practically empty! So he got a bunch of new flanals which he claimed were the best. Castiel was a little harder to shop for, but I got him a stuffed cat in a trench coat, because I guess they actually sell those.

Dean said his father John Winchester, my Grandpa, always kept a journal with him. So, I decided to do the same thing, except instead of recording monsters I am going to record all the family moments, because those are the most important things to get down.

I watched Sam and Dean trying to take down the Christmas tree, walking down the steps to help them. Before I could say anything, they tried to pick up the tree before taking off the ornaments. I winced as the tree came crashing down with a crash, glass ornaments flying in every direction. Personally, it did not look like they were trying to pick it up, more like shove it over. "What the heck are you guys doing?" I demanded with a slight laugh. "Well, shit. We were trying to pick it up," Dean answered, looking at the tree disapprovingly. Rolling my eyes, "Sure you were. You didn't even bother to take off the ornaments first!" I accused, placing one hand on my hip to prove a point. "Oh," Sam replied with a scratch to his head.

Castiel was watching me worriedly, "What?" I asked him. "You are hurt," he replied, walking over to me. I touched the side of my head, instantly wincing from the pain. A burning sensation overtook, "I'll heal," I complained as he fiddled with my wound. "Not with the glass inside," he urged. Sam and Dean were at my side within a second once Castiel said that. "I am fine!" I ushered, in taking a breath once Castiel pulled it out of my head. "There," he whispered. "Thank you, but I am fine." I repeated, looking at each of them hard. "I'm sorry," Sam and Dean apologized simultaneously.

They glared at each other, but returned their focus back onto me. "Don't be, seriously. By the way, thank you all for the perfect family Christmas." I smiled, meaning it, but also trying to change the subject. "Of course," Sam replied, smiling back. "You two can clean this mess up," I decided, starting to walk away. I treaded carefully over the glass, watching each of my steps. "Aren't you going to help?" Dean asked. "Nope," I replied. "Essence, please help." I froze at his polite order. I knew if I kept on walking he wouldn't stop me. He was doing his best to try out the father like thing, and I respected that. So with a sigh, I turned around and started helping him. "Here are some gloves," he responded, his green eyes glistening with pride.

"So what are we going to do for New Year's?" I asked with a grin.  

***

700 words 

Hope you enjoyed it! I feel like I should have another chapter dedicated to the details of what else went on for Christmas, if you want me to I will add a bonus chapter along with the next update! So comment please!

Vote if you enjoyed it as well, I love hearing what you have to say, and if you are one of those quiet readers the vote makes me super duper happy! So thank you all again for reading :) Have a great New Years if I do not update by then :D(But I will try to!)