Chapter 8: Family Issues

Once I made my decision, the angel gave me ten minutes to say my goodbyes. Out of instinct, I walked into Sam's room. I walked over to his bed as he slept soundly, and I gently shook him awake. "Hmm...?" He protested. "Sam, this is important," I replied. His hazel eyes fluttered open, "What is it?" He asked softly. "I am leaving," I said bluntly. This caught his attention as he shot up, focusing on me intently. "You what? Why? Where?" He demanded. "I made a deal with an angel. Don't tell me how stupid it is, because I actually do understand that it sounds like a mistake. People, innocents, with flipping families, are dying because of me and against there will. She wants to turn me in to the angels, so the demons don't get ahold of me." I explained quickly.

"Does Castiel or Dean know about this?" He ignored my response. "No..." I trailed off. "I came to you first, because I thought you would understand." I said, hope filling my voice. "I understand the why, but I don't think you have thought this all the way through." He reasoned. Before I could argue, he jumped off the bed, throwing a shirt over him before heading out the door.

A couple seconds later, Castiel popped inside the room followed by Sam and Dean. I sighed, looking at them bravely. "You cannot go with an angel," Dean said, outraged. "It is my life and my choice," I argued. "I do not need to rely on anyone, I haven't for my whole life, so why change it now? All I wanted to tell you was what I was going to do so no one would come looking for me." I spat. "Have you thought this whole thing through?" Castiel pondered. "Yes, if I turn myself in, killings will be slowed." I explained to them. In all honesty, there opinions meant a lot to me, it was just that I've made my decision. I wanted them to back me up and encourage me on it.

"The killings might be slowed, but they will not be stopped." Castiel said, trying to change my mind. "But I will still save a couple of those lives that would be stripped away," I urged. Another presence popped inside the room, startling me as I jumped backwards.

"Time is up," The angel who seemed bored said as she scrutinized her nails. "Hannah?" Castiel said, eyebrows furrowed. "What?" She turned to look at him. "What happened to you?" He asked with a hurtful expression. "What a wounded puppy. I chose a different side, best decision I've ever made." She said, grinning with a roll of her eyes.

"Ready?" Hannah asked, not really asking for permission as she started to reach for my arm. Castiel reached for me quicker, pulling me against his chest. "No," He growled protectively. "Yes," I countered, shaking out of his grip harshly. "But Essence-" I cut in, "Castiel, honestly, please listen to me." I pleaded gently. "No, I agree with Castiel." Dean argued. "You are only nineteen," he added. "Does no one care what I think? You cannot under no circumstances waltz into my life and expect me to listen to your orders and demands! Don't expect any of that! Because you know what? You two walked out on my life, and now I'm walking out of yours." I spat venomously. "Goodbye Sam," I whispered, but before I reached Hannah, he pulled me into an embrace. "Nothing will stop us from coming for you," Sam replied gruffly. I decided not to argue, coming to terms with that fact was the most I could do.

"Thank you for not arguing," I thanked him. At least out of the three, he could understand me. "I don't like it, but I know that I would do the same thing. Stay safe, Essence, I know that you are strong." Dean glared at Sam, "How dare you be on her side? She is about to go to her death, and you aren't trying to stop her?" He exclaimed. "It is her life, Dean. You won't be able to stop it with yelling," Sam replied calmly, although an edge to his tone. Dean rummaged his hand through his hair and sighed heavily.

"Dean," Castiel warned. "Sammy's right, it is her life, and it is my fault she is going through this." Dean countered. "But-" Hannah cut him off, "I don't have time for this!" She gripped my arm as white light blinded my vision. What was I getting myself into?

***

821

I will update quicker if I get 5 votes and/or 5 comments.  

Sorry for the late update! I had two chapters ready to go, but then my whole story I typed on my computer got erased... 

I also really wanted to update quickly, so if there are mistakes in this chapter I sincerely apologize!

Comments?