Chapter 2

Tom's Perspective

I scrambled over to the clock, knocking over several things in the process. I had a good hour and a half before Luke and the rest of the camera crew got here to set up. The crew, including Kate. A little more than anxious to see the girl I'd just managed to develop a crush on, I found myself wandering over to my closet. I perused the shelves and hangers all of two minutes before I remembered it was a photoshoot.

It wasn't exactly my job to dress myself.

Laughing off my silly mishap, I caught a whiff of myself and gagged before pulling off my shirt and turning on the shower in my bathroom. Just then my phone rang. Of course it was Luke.

I unlocked the screen and placed the phone to my ear. "Good morning, dear." I joked, smiling.

He ignored my comment. "I have trying to reach you all morning, Tom, where the hell have you been?!" He shouted. I laughed.

"What a coincidence, Luke. I have been ignoring your phone calls all morning." I said, walking into my bathroom that was now humid and foggy.

Luke's cross voice scoffed over the phone. "I hope you're joking."

I smiled. "I just got in from my run, but can this wait five minutes? I've a hot, running shower here. You know how I feel about wasting water."

The line went quiet as he deliberated. "Alright, fine, Tom. But I need you to call me right back."

I frowned. "Define, 'right back'."

He gave me a short laugh. "Don't eat first. Call me first and then you can eat." I nodded, smiling.

"You're a gem, mate." I cooed, hanging up. I jumped into the shower, washed up quickly and walked out my bathroom with a towel around my waist.

I pulled on an attire similar to my previous one. This time the sweats had been swapped for a pair of jeans. A little more acceptable, but still comfy enough to move around in. I grabbed my phone and headed to the kitchen, dialing my publicist up.

"Alright, Hiddleston, so here's the update." He proceeded to tell me that the photo shoot will go as planned, lasting until about two o' clock in the afternoon. It wasn't bad at all, really. If we were lucky, we might be able to wrap my part of the shoot an hour earlier. Also, I had an interview the day after tomorrow. The only thing I had going on tomorrow was a physical, so I would free as a bird for most part. I smiled, thinking about all the things I wouldn't be doing.

"Alright, mate. That's it, I believe. I will be over there around eight thirty. A good thirty minutes, maybe forty, tops. See you." He said.

"Cheers. " I hung up, downing some coffee and then refilling the cup. I put a few slices of toast in the oven, although I could definitely go for a muffin the size of my face. I put some cream in my coffee, remembering Kate. Her skin was the exact same color.

I leaned against my counter, letting my mind drift once again to the girl at the pond. What were the odds that the same girl that I met this morning would be my photographer for this photo shoot? I went back to my room, nervous energy making me a bit jittery. Or maybe it was the coffee; I didn't know. I made the bed, messed it up again, and then remade it.

After that I went on a search for a nail and hammer, determined to put up Kate's artwork in time to show it to her later.

I had looked through about ninety percent of the drawers in my flat when I found the hammer and a small nail. I walked to the hallway that eventually opened up to my bedroom, pausing to go get Kate's drawing. I was surprisingly hesitant to hammer the nail in, the hammer in my hand hovering just above the nail. A hole in the wall would definitely bring down the value of the place when I let it out again, especially a place this expensive. I sighed, frowning.