Chapter 3

"There you go buddy". I tell Luke, finishing his clothes for tonight's dinner.

It's Christmas Eve; the second one without Ng.

One friend of us, Dylan, suggested last week that I should try and forget about my wife; saying she's probably dead.

Luckily Vince and Brandon where there; cause if they hadn't held me back, I would have hit Dylan in the face.

We hadn't talked to each other since that night. He apologized trough text message; but I never replied.

"Grannie"? Luke asks. He started to speak a month ago; but only a few words. Jesse, Meadow and I understand him perfectly; being around him every day; but to others it's babbling.

"Yes Luke, we're going over to grannies". I say.

"Owie! We go grannie"! Luke smiles happily; running over to his sister he calls owie.

***********

Last year, the Christmas dinner at my parents place, was awkward, without Ng. Yes everyone tried to make the mood light, but we all thought the same.

This year the attention will be on Caleb since he's going ask Stephanie to marry him. I'm very happy for them; cause I know their love is the same as Ng and I have.

I refuse to talk to my wife as if she's dead, because I know she's not. Our hearts always felt as one; and I just know I would feel it, if she was gone for good.

I know she's alive. Even though I don't know where she is; I know she's somewhere on this planet.

******************

Sitting around the table at my parents, is a nice change. The laughter that flows is not forced; I know everyone also thinks of Ng; but we need to move on with our lives.

I will always look for my wife and hope she'll come back; but moving on means that we need to stop thinking she's gone for good. Need to smile again and have fun, or as best as we can.

Before we start dinner, Caleb asks our attention as he walks over to Stephanie. We all watch as he bends down on one knee, and starts to stutter, before somehow losing his balance and falling down on the floor.

We laugh out loud at his clumsiness, but in the end he manages to make a beautiful proposal and Stephanie says 'yes', as new champagne flowed.

Later in the evening, I'm sitting with my family in the living room. Suddenly my phone that's on the table rings, making us all jump and look at the phone like it was on fire.

"Paul speaking". I say with a shivering voice.

"Mr. Walker I need you at the station now". I hear Detective Michaels say.

Looking up at my family I feel the color drain from my face. What if they found Ng; was she alive or...

"What's happening son". Mom is the first to ask, as she comes over.

"Detective Michaels wants me at the station". I say silently.

"Go, we'll look after Luke and Meadow; but call us as soon as you know more". Dad says and I nod.