Chapter 15

• Dedicated to A daughter who lost her mother, you know who you are

Kade was angry.

Most importantly, Kade was angry with me.

“How the hell did you get me into a head lock.” He shouted, whilst flaying his arms at the same time.

I smirked then snorted.  “Face it babe, I’m stronger than you.” A low growl erupted from his throat

“Take that back!” I laughed as his face showed mock anger. At least I hoped it was fake, you could never tell when it came to men and their ego. I’m sure I’d just crushed Kade’s ego before.

“Hello Skye, didn’t you hear what I said?” We both sat in my car and Kade kept trying to discretely rub his neck.

“Do you want me to rub that sore spot for you?” I mumbled genuinely, eyeing his neck. I guess I shouldn’t be mocking him because I knew the full impact my head locks had on people. It was the many skills I’d learned from my dad’s chauffeur. Before he’d died of course.

“No.” he snapped. “It doesn’t hurt. But you.” He playfully jabbed a finger in my stomach. “You take back what you said. I. Am. Stronger. Than. You!”

“Please Kade, don’t make me laugh.” I chuckled. He looked at me sceptically, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh really?” He grabbed me forward causing a girlish squeal to escape my mouth. My hand reflexively covered up my mouth, hoping he hadn’t heard however by the look of his smirk, I knew he had.

“Is my Skye pie frightened?” Kade cooed tauntingly.  

“Hell no.” I breathed. I definitely wasn’t scared of Kade, it was just I was sitting snugly in his arms with no place to move. Our faces were so close that I had nowhere to look but his eyes.

And we all know how I feel about Kade’s beautiful, mesmerising, hazel eyes.

It was kind of awkward since we were in my car and all. We gazed at each other like they do in those cliché romance novels however unlike all those romance books I knew how to get out of awkward situations.

“Phoar Kade! I think you need a mint.” I made out like I felt disgusted ensuring I got the response I wanted. He instantly pushed me back into my seat.

“One second then.” He muttered embarrassed. A red blush was appearing on his cheeks as he fumbled to get out of the car.

It was at the moment that I felt my heart skip a beat. It was like my heart was swelling out of... happiness? I had made my boyfriend blush. I grinned warmly and placed my hand on his arm. He didn’t seem to notice as he cussed at the door repeatedly.

“Kade.”

He refused to look at me for a few moments before giving in and meeting my gaze.

“I’ll...I’ll just go get some chewing gum.” He stuttered in such away, I knew he was trying not to kill me with his breath. Again he turned his head, not noticing I’d locked the door.

“Kade.” I said again.

This time though I didn’t wait for him to turn.

This time I pulled him on to me and before he could say tic tac I placed my mouth to his. At first he tried to tug away however I tangled my fingers into his hair causing him to moan.

“Skye.” He breathed heavily.

“Yes.” We broke apart as he gazed at me admiringly.

“You’re a liar. It's you that in need of a breath mint." I froze. It was the way he was saying it, so sweetly.