Chapter 22

"My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo

If I was just another dusty record on the shelve

Would you blow me off and play me like everybody else

If I ask you to scratch my back, could you manage that

Like it read well, check it Travis, I can handle that

Furthermore, I apologize for any skipping tracks

It’s just the last girl that played me left a couple cracks

I used to use to use to use to, now I'm over that

Cause holding grudges over love is ancient artefacts

If I could only find a note to make you understand

I'd sing it softly in your ear and grab you by the hand

Just Keep it stuck inside your head, like your favourite tune

And know my heart is a stereo that only plays for you

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh To my stereo

Oh oh oh oh So sing along to my stereo

I think finally found a note to make you understand

If you can hear it, sing along and take me by the hands

Keep myself inside your head, like your favorite tune

And know my heart is a stereo that only plays for you

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

and sing along to my stereo" He sang

"Mmmh." I mumbled with a content sigh. I just fell even more in love with my boyfriend.

No. I've got to stay focused. I can't get too attached anymore. I thought to myself, scowling mentally.

"So...I totally can sing like." he imitated a whiny girl and I smiled at him, all previous thoughts exited my head. Maybe I was bipolar? The way these emotions were rushing through my body. Ugh.

I settled for some harmless teasing. "I have something to tell you too...I sing better then you!" I poked his side before leaving his arm and doing a sexy walk back to his bed. I heard him groan and follow me in as I fell back onto his bed and sighed as my hair splayed across the covers and his Rolling stones T-shirt rode up a little. 

"You're relentless!" He mumbled before leaning down to kiss me. I thought about last night and a smile formed on my lips. I had Kade back and nobody could stop me now.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Flashback to the night before~

"Skye baby. Wake up darling. You're okay baby. Sweetheart c'mon you have to wake up now!" Kade growled as I heard the unmistakable buzz of a party and giggling children. My vision was blotchy and slightly distort but I attempted to sit up anyway. I could hear a British guy whispering in my ear.

"Easy darling."

"Kade?" I croaked as he dug his fingers into my hair. That meant I hadn't died. That dark abyss was just my imagination and it hadn't engulfed me, leaving me weak and lifeless.

He mumbled reassuring words into my hair; I regained full consciousness and took in my surroundings.

"Where am I?"

"Abir's Bar Mitzvah?" He grinned and shrugged as he glanced at the banner at the entrance of the party hall. We were in some sort of main entrance area with a few balloons and children running around and completely ignoring the couple lying on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, Skye I misunderstood you and it was terrible of me for making you choose. He is your best friend and I'm you boyfriend. I wouldn't expect you to have chosen me anyway because at the end of the day Bro's before hoes'." He babbled as a sad smile began to appear on his face.

"In which case you're the hoe?" I joked as I leaned into him. I didn't try to explain to him that I hadn't chosen Cal, I just wanted to be near him. He chuckled as realisation dawned on him. He picked me up slowly and led me to some sofas of the lobby we were in.

"So hang on a minute...what's going on?"

"You collapsed when I bumped into you but y'know I really didn't think I had that effect on you!" He grinned before going all serious.

"You had a serious head injury you know and you decided to go out in the pouring rain for a night out? But all is okay now. I gate crashed this place as it was better than that curry house you were near."

I processed his words then asked my next question. "Serious Head Injury?" I winced. I hadn't known a lot about what had happened to me because "Holden Mcgroin' was dead. And of course, I'd wanted to leave the place as soon as possible. Kade just nodded and sighed. We sat in the lobby for an hour just talking about what had happened today and how that doctor had died with our heads together and hands intertwined.

"So does this mean...we're back...back together?" he stuttered. I chuckled. This is exactly what I'd wanted right? Brushing away the guilt that was eating at me I nodded slowly. H let out a sigh of relief. "You look beautiful by the way and.... I'm glad you didn't choose Calvin." He smiled before his lips descended on mine. As he started deepening the long hard kiss I heard a shrill cry.

"Lana look, that big dude is eating that lady's face!" The little girl cried. We broke apart and I snorted with laughter as Kade's head snapped to the two girls staring with awe. He growled but kneeled next to the girls.

"Hello sweethearts, I'm sorry, I won't eat her face again, I promise." He pinkie swore with one of the girls.

The other girl 'Lana' came up to me.

"Are you okay lady?" She asked. I smiled timidly and nodded.

"Are you here for the Bar Mitzvah because if you're not then my daddy is going to get very angry you know?" She said with her eyebrows raised and her little hands on her hips. My mouth formed the shape of an 'o' and I tried not to look scared. I didn't want to get into any shit with anyone.

"Uhhh, sure I am... schwarzkopf and all that..." I said hesitantly with a nervous laugh. She gave me a weird look before turning back to her friend. They smiled at each other before both the girls left skipping hand in hand.

"I think I just called that girl Shampoo in Russian..." I groaned as we stood up to leave.

"No you didn't" He grinned as if he knew some inside joke. He shook his head and led me outside to look for a taxi.

"You said "Blackhead" in German." He smirked with a deep voice before climbing into our cab with my hands intertwined with his.

 ~Present~

Kade smiled with complacency before kissing me deeply as his hands wrapped around my waist. A serene sigh left my lips as he whispered three words in my ear.

"I love you." he growled with a sense of pride. I bit my lip and replied without hesitating.

"Prove it..." 

 A/N I don’t own any of the songs in this or the chapter before

-------