Let Past Be Past

Justin's POV

After a long few days of meetings and people telling me how to better my life, today was the last. Or at least that's what Scooter told me.

Standing in the elevator I somehow got a little anxious and nervous. Why? I don't know...
As we got off of the elevator I stepped aside and got myself a glass of water. Straighten up Bieber, It's the last you'd have to hear about those days.

I walked over to the door of the meeting room and stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn't believe my eyes, I opened the glass door and stepped in to see my eyes weren't betraying me. There she sat in a chair right in front of mine, looking down at her phone. My heart started beating faster and faster and it was about to jump out of my chest when she looked up and around to notice me standing here.

Looking into her eyes made my body relax when I thought back of all the great times we had together. But then I remembered all of the other things... I can't do this. Not with her here, not now.
It was just a second that our eyes had connected and my mood already went from so nervous to sudden happiness to anxiousness again. I couldn't look at her any longer than I already had.

"Justin you alright?" I looked up from the ground to see Scooter looking concerned. "Why didn't I know she was going to be here?" The way it sounded out loud wasn't like I expected, it sounded so distant and that's all we never were. "It's not even a big deal..." Scooter said but she cut him off. "Not a big deal? You make sure that neither of us know of each other's presnece and you say that's no big deal. Then I guess I haven't told you enough about me not wanted to see him." Her words cut right through me, but the one thing I learned is that patience and good choice of words have more effect than a punch. "Elizabeth will you stop it? I am not asking you to forgive each other, hug and be the best of friends again. All I am asking you is to put you differences aside and think of a greater cause for once."

"You're right Scooter. It's for a greater cause." I said calmly and took place on my seat infront of her.
They all looked at me like they'd seen a ghost. Scooter nodded and ordered everyone to take a seat as he started talking.
I heard him say a lot of things but my complete attention was to the piece of paper in front of me. My heart was racing and my mind couldn't even make out the words written in the paper. All I could think about was our last fight. It kept on playing none stop on repeat. Over and over again. I heard myself say horrible things to her and for the first time I let myself remember her facial expression when every word coming out of my mouth dug deeper and deeper into her heart. Eventually she broke and I remember her slapping me. Every single tear rolling down her face suddenly making my heart ache.

I couldn't do this. I was able to live through the past year by remembering our last fight as the last time we'd fight, I lived through the year telling myself I would become a better man and I would come back for her. But I'm not ready... All that time I only saw our last fight as an opertunity to make it better, to do it better.
But I can't. Not now, I wasn't prepared... I wasn't ready for this...

Scooters POV

I sighed. I'd been talking for the past hour but yet every time I look around Justin and Ellie are sitting there with the same blank expression, both staring down at the table.
I was just talking about financing stuff when Justin abruptly stood up. His eyes suddenly so red and tired. All eyes were on him, even Ellie's. He looked at her and mumbled something before he picked up his phone and ran out of the room.
Even though he was mumbling, we all heard him loud and clear.
"I'm sorry"