What's On Your Mind

Liz's POV

"Do you want to know everything that has gone wrong today?" He asked and I sighed. "How about you start off with the main thing that got you upset." I said and he sighed but nodded even though he looked upset about it.

But he stayed silent for a long time, maybe he was just thinking of a way to start this.

"Selena called." Justins sudden burst and what he said shocked me. She called him? "She was drunk and she kept yelling things at me... She said she hated me." Justin was tearing up again and I couldn't stand to see him like that. But he has to tell me what happened or else he won't get that weight off of his shoulders.

"She called right before I called you." Suddenly Justin pulled me off of him and stood up. He turned away from me and went to the big old tree, sitting down under it.

I stood up too and sat down next to him.

"Justin..." I wanted him to know I would always be there for him but he cut me off, he looked at me worn out and tired. Tired of all the mess in his life but somewhere in those eyes I could see a bit hope.

"I wasn't done yet. The worst part is about to come." He said and took my hand in his again like he found some kind of comfort in it or like he wanted to make sure I was there and he wouldn't lose me.

"I was broken by the things she had said to me. I felt like running under a trian and ending it all at once." I wanted to say something but he didn't give me the chance to. "I felt like shit and just felt like ending it all, Liz. But then I remembered, you told me to call you whenever I felt bad. So I did." Justin said and sniffed wiping away the tears on his cheeks.

"But when you hung up on me, I felt even worse. I felt like the only little spark of hope for me in my life was gone. My life felt worthless thinking you didn't want to talk to me." When Justin looked at me, I saw all the hurt in his eyes, the hope was gone.

I sighed and tangled my fingers in his soft silky hair again. As soon as my fingers touched him, his eyes closed and his head leaned into my hand. "I'm sorry Justin. If I knew that, I would never have hung up on you. But now it makes sence why you were so happy to see me." I said, Justins eyes opened again and this time everything was back. The smile, the spark, the hope and the happiness.

"You know, even though Selena was drunk she said one thing and I know she was totally right about it." Justin said and I looked at him confused. He laughed and poked my nose. "She said she didn't want me being sad about her. She wanted me to move on." Justin said and brushed a piece of hair out of my face, letting his fingers behind my ear, holding me so close to his face that our noses brushed and I could feel his breath on my lips.

"She told me to follow my heart. And you know what my heart is telling me?" With every word Justin leaned in closer. And my heart beat raised.

I never really took the time to stand still and think about my feelings for Justin. I admit I do feel like I'm falling in love towards him. But I never thought Justin would ever hold me like this and I never though he'd want to kiss me.