Chapter 4-

I woke up to my mom brushing her fingers through my hair. I could tell by the look on her face that she knew what had happened.

"Are you okay sweetie?"

"I guess so." I said emotionlessly.

"I had to do an autopsy on Reagan, her death was painful wasn't it?"

"From what I saw, yeah."

"Do you want to tell me anything else?"

"No."

"Are you sure?" She said persuasively.

"Yeah."

My mother got up and left from the room. I felt bad for not telling her about me and Coraline. I don't tell my mom things, I used to tell my dad things but he's not here anymore. I just bottle up my feelings and hold them in until I can't anymore. That usually results in me not eating for days, and crying every five minutes. It's better than explaining to someone a pain they won't understand. The truth is in all reality, the only one there for you through it all is yourself.

The next week went by slowly. I didn't make eye contact with Coraline at all. Cal told me that every time she saw Coraline look at me, Coraline's eyes would water. Don't get me wrong I was on the verge of tears too, I just don't cry in front of people. It's a sign of weakness and I don't like people thinking they can step on me, and affect my mood.

"Are we going to the scary movie marathon at the park on Saturday?"

"I don't know, I can't stop thinking about the murders."

"Kat it's not your fault, you couldn't have saved Reagan."

"I know but someone who grew up with us, would have had to have done it."

"Only we knew, and Jennifer."

"Unless she told someone else."

"I guess, but yeah, we'll go to the movie marathon."

Before I knew it, it was Friday, the week went by in a depressing blur. I was walking to my locker and accidently made eye contact with Coraline. Crap, here she comes.

"Please Kat, I miss you, just give me another chance."

"What will stop you from doing it a second time?"

"I won't just please Kat."

"I have to go Coraline, bye."

I walked away as quickly as I could so she couldn't stop me. I love her, but she cheated, of all the things. Then it hit me, the killer texted me and told me where to go. A couple days before that, the killer had asked me what my biggest fear was. How could the killer know what my biggest fear was? None if it made any sense, I grabbed my things and went to the bus.

I got on the bus, Cal wasn't there, I walked to an empty seat and sat down. I grabbed my headphones and put them in. I played Bring Me The Horizon and sat alone with my violent thoughts. I thought about how the blood of the guy Coraline cheated on me with felt. I thought about how amazing my fists going into his face felt. Everything about me attacking him gave me an adrenaline rush.

I got home and I walked to my bedroom, and called Cal.

"Hey are you coming over tonight?"

"Yeah I'm getting my stuff, and then I'll be right over."

"Okay Cal."

I hung up my phone and went to the bathroom, and took my makeup off. I had the feeling that someone was watching me, I turned around, and nobody was there. Was I letting the killings get to me? The doorbell rang making me jump. I walked downstairs into the living room, and answered the door. It was Coraline. I wanted to jump into her arms and tell her I loved her. Yet the pain still lingered.