:::TWENTY-SIX:::

Dear Sage,

Um... A lot happened today. A lot and... I dunno. I don't know how to talk about it and I- I don't really want to talk about it... About all of the not extraordinary stuff that happened because all of that not extraordinary stuff that happened has happened before and will happen at least a trillion times again.

But, even though all of that stifling not extraordinary stuff happened, one thing remained extraordinary.

I wish you coulda seen it Sage.

The sky.

It was blue. Not just one kind of blue but hundreds of blues that merged together to form the sky. It was like someone had taken a rolling pin and smoothed over all the edges and creases of the sky together until it was all one sky. Petite and snowy clouds rolled peacefully against the sky, almost as if they were gliding smoothly over the surface like sheer glass. The sun shone down like the golden light of a trillion fireflies, weaving its way through the gaps in the clouds and fanning out like a curtain to warm the earth below.

It was beautiful.

I hated it.

How could something so beautiful happen on such a terrible day? I hated that sky Sage, because it told me that everything was going to be fine when the pain tells me it isn't going to be.

After the ceremony was over we untied all the balloons and let them drift upwards, their silver ribbons flapping in the air as they ascended into the blue. I watched them long after they'd disappeared, staring into the sky, your sky, until my eyes started burning from the sun and I was forced to look away.

I didn't cry. I haven't since. I want too, but I can't. It hurts too much. Crying is too much. You're too much. This whole goddamn world is too much.