F O U R

••••••••

I would not wish any companion in the world but you
- William Shakespeare

S U I T S , G U N S A N D
D R E S S E S

- Alexia Bella De La rosa -

"THIS is perfect," my tía, Juliana, squealed excitedly as she passed me yet another dress.

"No, this colour doesn't suit me," I complained, not forgetting to roll my eyes.

"Right ladies," She announced turning to my other aunties and my mother.

"Go through all these dresses until you find the most perfecto dress for our perfecto niña."

"Oh Dios Mío," I groaned with wide eyes, a hand slapping over my face as I shook my head with dismay.

"What? We only want the beds for you, mi flora," She teasingly smirked.

"Okay, fine but I would like to choose," I reasoned, standing up and waking towards the racks filled with dresses of all shapes, sizes and colours.

"Too short. Too long. Too poofy. Too ugly," I was growing annoyed as each dress become worse and worse.

But finally, one had caught my eye. It was a beautiful black dress, with a slit on its right side, with missing parts on the stomachs area. This was the one I wanted.

"This one," I stated, taking it off the rack and showing it to them, holding it against me as they inspected it from tip to toe.

"Good choice. I love it," My mamá agreed, her hands clapping in excitement.

"I know, after all- I did choose it," Cocking my head to be side, I inspected it myself.

"Okay, okay princessa. Go and try it on," I nodded, making my way into my bathroom and stripped out of my clothes.

Once the dress was finally on, I walked out of the bathroom and admired the way it elegantly fell to the ground.

"You look moñeca." my mamá spoke up, as she teared up.

"I think every man at that party of yours won't be able to look away and your primos and hermanos will probably not leave your side because of this," my tía, Karina said sipping her champagne flute.

---------------------------------------

I was making my way up the stairs until I heard my name being called in the distance.

"Hello?" I called out, looking around cautiously, peering over the banister.

"Down here." Looking at where the voice came from, my eyes connected with my papá's.

Nodding in response, I made my way back down the stairs and headed towards his office.

"You called." I stated on entering the office.

Unbothered by my blunt statement, he simply smiled. "I wanted to give you a present,"

"Papá, I said no gifts," Fighting back a smile, I titled my head to the side.

"I know, I know. But your my princessa. Here,"

He took out a black box from under his desk, pushing it forwards, leaving it sitting in the centre of his desk.