f i v e

Over and over...

Repeatedly happening...

I thought maybe I could get away, but as always I have no strength...

He gave off the faint smell of alcohol and cigarettes... his natural scent...

New bruises being added to my faded ones...

I prayed to God it would stop...

I did not deserve any of this...

I was about to pass out when it all stopped. Like my prayer has worked. He walked over to the kitchen to pour himself a fresh glass of whiskey.

This was my chance after months of agonizing pain, I could make it to my phone. Call the cops and it'll be over. Attempting to crawl over to where my phone was dropped I pick it up and dial 911. Once they answer I'm speechless like I have lost my entire vocabulary.

I'm silent but the nice lady on the other end assures me the cops will be here any minute and the line goes dead. He is still in the kitchen taking his beloved time.

This can be my chance at a new life. That's if the police get here fast enough so he doesn't leave. Minutes pass and I'm lying lifeless on the floor crying, he was kicking me in the back. It felt like I forgot how to breathe. I curl up into a ball with all my strength I can find.

He starts to drag me over to the bedroom when there is a knock at the door. He looks down at me and answers the door. From what I can see there is two cops. They ask how his night is and since he was intoxicated, started to talk gibberish. I started to crawl to the door or atleast scream for help but only s little squeak came out. Crawling more and more closer to the door and finally one of the cops sees me.

They barge into the house and handcuff him. One of them calls for an ambulance and the other drags him downstairs. Finally I'm free.

Minutes later I'm being lifted up...lights flashing in my eyes...I'm being rolled out of my apartment.

Rolling towards the elevator I see a door open with those familiar brown curly locks...Then I pass out...