chapter 4

"How?" I couldn't bring myself to say more. I was frozen in shock.

"How what?" He asked.

I gulped. Why was I afraid? I've met him before. I looked into his blue eyes, and built up the courage to speak.

"How did you get into my house?" my voice quivered.

"Is that honestly all you're worried about?"

"No, I have more questions, but answer me first." I stood up straighter, gaining more confidence by the second.

"Well, it's pretty easy, when you leave the front door unlocked." He smiled.

My stupid mom, she left the door unlocked. I knew something was weird when I opened the door. I usually pull out my key.

"Oh, that makes sense." I mentally slapped myself. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Stop being awkward.

"I guess so." He laughed.

I stood there just looking at him. Awkward silence. A gay baby was born! Sorry I had to.

I slowly started walking to my bed.

"I won't bite," he smirked. "You can sit on the bed if you want."

Excuse me? "Yes I know it's my bed." Damn where did this confidence come from?

I sat on my bed, and he scooted closer. I tensed.

"Okay, you can ask your questions now. I'm pretty sure you have them so?" He waited.

"Yeah, um, what happened at the movies? Who are you? Why are you in my house? Why are you in my room? How did you find me? Do you even know who I am. Oh, and are you thirsty, hungry?"

"Okay okay, slow down. I am Matthew Gray Miller, although you should already know that." He winked. Oh lord. "I came here because I you need to know what's going on. I am in your room because I heard your cat scratching at the door and I wanted to let her out. I found you by reading your mind. You are Everleigh, my mate. And no I'm not hungry or thirsty." He finished.

I was processing everything he said. So the dream was real. His name is Matthew.

"Call me Matt," he smirked.

"Okay, Matt. Hmmm I like it." Woah what the frack! Where did that come from? He sat there like he was waiting for me to find something.

Continuing my processing.

He read my mind- wait he read my mind!! I'm his 'mate'? Light bulb!

"Wait, you read my mind? What the frack is a mate?" I yelled.

"Yes, I read your mind. A mate is your other half. The person who completes you. The person you belong to." He calmly replied.

"I am not anybody's "property"!" I screamed. Man I was losing my temper. I needed to calm down.

"Sorry, but you are mine and you have been and always will be!" He hollered, finally losing it.

I cringed. I wasn't expecting him to yell. I sat there and stared at him, dumbfounded. He ran his fingers through his hair. I couldn't help but thing about how cute he was. He looked back at me, and his face instantly softened.

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I know this is a lot to take in. I didn't mean to yell. I just can't bear the thought of not having you in my life. I've waited this long and now that you're here, I don't want you to go."

"I-I forgive you." I said shyly.

Woah wait. I'm not shy. Ask anybody that is definitely not me. What was wrong with me. This kid is messing up my mind. I don't even know him!