chapter 5

I walked to my room and checked the time. It was 2. Five hours, and I would be getting my answers. What if they don't like me? Why did I care? We weren't dating. But you're his mate, they expect you to be perfect. But nobody is perfect. If you are not what they want as Matt's mate, they won't accept you. Matt likes me. Doesn't he?

My brain battled the tiny voice. I decided I shouldn't keep this from Sarah much longer. I called her. She picked up almost immediately.

"Hey."

"Hey soo I have something to tell you. Wait let's three way Harley." I called Harley and then got ready to tell them.

"Shoot" Sarah said excitedly.

"So I got home and I heard scratching from the other side of my door. It ended up just being Shadow, I must have locked her in there when I left. Then I felt like someone was watching me then I looked up and Matt was sitting on my bed. Then he told me he read my mind and I'm his mate. Then I started freaking out and I said I'm nobody's property and he yelled at me. I was shocked so I just sat there. Then he took my hand and I felt tingles go up my arm. He apologized for yelling and then we went downstairs and he asked me to go meet his family tonight at 7. So I'm sneaking out. And by sneaking out, y'all know I mean climbing down the tree." I finished and took a deep breath.

"Cheese and rice" they both said at the same time.

"I know, I don't even know him. I'm not dating him either." I said exasperated.

"Well obviously y'all were meant to be together." Harley squealed.

I cringed and pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Oh guys, I forgot. We almost kissed too."

"What! Oh my gosh." Sarah said surprised.

"Yeah, then we were interrupted whenever you called Sahara ." I laughed, using her nickname. "I don't know what it was I felt like a connection with him. It was weird."

"That's so romantic," Harley said in a mesmerized voice. Like I said, hopeless romantic.

We continued talking until I realized it was 5:30. I hung up saying I had to get ready. I walked to my restroom and grabbed my makeup bag. I grabbed my liquid and pencil eyeliner. I put them on and examined my work. Eh, it was okay. I grabbed my flat iron and plugged it in. I walked to my bed and grabbed my phone. I put on some music and walked back to the restroom. I grabbed my flat iron, and started started straightening my hair. I finally finished and unplugged it.

Just then, my phone went off. I picked it up and saw I had a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

Hey beautiful, don't forget, 7. My family is excited to meet you. xxx

-Matt

To: Matt

We're putting kisses now are we? and trust me I won't forget. :) x

I tossed my phone back on my bed and walked to my closet. I looked through my clothes and finally decided on some blue denim shorts, a white crop top with love written in gold on it, a brown tank, and a pair of my cowboy boots. I looked in my long mirror on the door. I looked decent. I grabbed my chapstick and swiped some on my lips. I stuck it in my pocket, and grabbed my phone. It was 6:45. Fifteen minutes. I was starting to get nervous. I heard the door slam downstairs, signaling my family was home. My mom walked upstairs and opened my door.

"Good you're home." she glared.

"Yes, I am now can you please get out of my room," I said turning on my TV.