chapter 21

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I looked over at Matt. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I twirled a piece of his hair in my fingers. As I was about to get out of bed, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him. He rubbed circles on my lower back, sending shivers down my spine.

"Not so fast," he smirked.

I just sighed as he planted a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

"We have things to talk about." he opened one eye.

He pushed me away from him and sat up. I just laid there hurt evident in my eyes. He ran his fingers though his hair.

"Babe, don't take it that way." he pouted.

He laid back down and grabbed my hips. Pulling me on top of him he lowered my face down to his. Our foreheads rested on each others.

"Before I begin just know that you will never try this again. I know you were jealous but you shouldn't be. She's my cousin." He sat up and pulled me with him.

"I was just hurt that's all," I hoped he didn't push any further.

"Don't be. I only love you. You should know that." he was getting angry. I could tell as he was digging his fingers in my side.

"Ifeellikewe'removingtoofast..." I mumbled really fast.

"What?" he asked heat radiating off of him.

"I said i-" I was cut off.

"I know what you said." he growled.

I gasped as his eyes started to glow a little bit. He lowered his face to mine, and he began to softly kiss me. The kiss got more and more heated and passionate. He pulled away, leaving me breathless. As I gasped for breath, I pushed myself off him.

"Don't act like you don't like it," he smirked his eyes getting darker.

"I never said I didn't," I pouted.

He raised his hand and I flinched. It reached his hair when he paused. Hurt filled his eyes and he grabbed my face in his hands.

"You thought I was going to hit you?" he almost sobbed.

"No, it was just an instinct." I lied.

"Stop lying to me." he instructed.

"You've just been acting different and I never know.." I trailed off.

"I would never do that ever. No matter how bad my temper gets I would never hurt you intentionally." he assured me.

I nodded and he embraced me in a hug. I wanted to block him but I didn't have the strength to keep it up. He got up and went to the restroom. I heard the faucet turn on and I covered myself with the blanket. Ugh yesterday's events were taking their toll on me. He got out of the restroom and told me to join him in the den when I was done.

I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a bun. Um more like messy bun. I threw on a sweater and left my black sweat bottoms on. I looked in the mirror one last time and sighed. I had dark circles under my eyes and I had broken out. I couldn't put makeup on because Matt hid it from me, claiming that I looked better with my 'Natural Beauty'. 'Natural Beauty' my ass.

I padded into the den and sat by Matt. I noticed Desiree staring at me, but I couldn't care less right now. I just wanted to hide myself behind Matt's side, so nobody could see how bad I look. He pulled me up so the back of my head was against his chest and I was in between his legs. While everyone talked he played with a piece of hair that had fallen out of my bun. Everything was going great until Matt got up to go to the restroom.

I went into the kitchen to see if there were any cookies left. I grabbed one from the cookie jar and bit into it.

"Well, well well, can't stay away can you?" I heard an annoying voice behind me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys if anyone still reads this book but I doubt it cause it sucks go read my crazy besties book, That's Just Life by Britani_Baker!!!!!!