Chapter 2

(2D's POV)

I started to get worried when Murdoc started messing up more and more chords. And even more worried when he stopped in the middle of a song, he always plays till the end, no matter what he's listening to. I knocked in the door, asking him if he was alright. The music just got louder, so I knocked on the door again. Then I heard a familiar sound, something I hoped would never come from the other side of this door. The sound of a gun being cocked.

I tried to push the door open, only to realize it was locked. "Murdoc, open 'dis fuckin door!" No answer. I through my body into it, trying to knock it down, or ion it with force. When the old wooden frame finally gave out, and the door fell in, I wash shocked at what I saw.

Murdoc, holding a gun to his head, with tears streaming down his face, his mismatched eyes refusing to look at me. His arm went limp as he dropped the gun, letting it fall to the ground and bounce under his bed.

"Shit, Murdoc, what 're ya doin!?"

"Get out."

"No! Murd-"

"I said, get the FUCK OUT!" he screamed, the music still blaring in the background.

"No!" I yelled back, actually wanting to help him. "I'm not just gonna leave ya after seein' ya with a pistol to ya skull!"

"Why not?" he asked, turning the music down enough for us to hear each other. "Everyone else seems so willing to leave me. My parents left me, my friends all left me to die in jails. Why do you care so much? Why can't you just leave me like everyone else and let me end it all!" Tears streamed down his face faster.

"Murdoc, how many drinks have ya had, are ya drunk already?" I asked calmly, hoping that I could blame the liquor on all of this

"I'm sober you idiot!" That's a first. "I wanted to be sober when I did this..."

"Why 're ya doin this Mudz?"

"There's nothing left. No family, no friends..."

"I thought I was ye friend?" He just looked at me with a mixture of anger and sadness in his slowly drying eyes.

"... And the person Im in love with could never love me back..." He was in love? Is this really what he's like when he's sober? So truthful and nice... Well not as mean. Nice was kind of a stretch. Who does he love?

"Noodle-"

"It's not fucking Noodle you idiot!"

"Well Paula was a pretty huge bitch-"

"It ain't Paula neither... It ain't even a girl..."

"Oh..." Oh!

"If you even think about me and Russell I'll cut off ye feet."

"Than who do you claim to love? And how do you know they don't love you back?"

"Not important."

"Right now, everything is important, you just tried to fuckin kill off ya'self! What can I try and help you?" I asked carefully.

"... Ya could hand me that gun again-"

"I'm not giving you a gun!"

"... I was just gonna take the bullets out. I wan' ya to take the gun, keep it, keep it away from me... If you really care that much about my miserable life, than you can help to... Not let me kill meself..."

-----

I remember that day like it was yesterday... I still remember it so clearly, even if it was so long ago. It was way back when we weren't on this horrid island. I still think of that gun every now and then. Every time, wondering what could make him so depressed he could actually try to do it. He gave me plenty of reasons sure, but none should have lead to suicide like it had. I'm glad I took the gun away, I just want to know what he did with the bullets?