003. Katrina

IT WAS A starry night. I was on the rooftop gazing on the earth's ceiling. One good thing about province is a clear, silent sky compared to the smoggy, rackety firmament of the city.

But it didn't lessen my hatred that I had to my dad after he decided to transfer me from a well-known university to a crappy provincial college in nearby town. His reason to do so? Well, I was a party goer. Every other night, me and my friends was going to strip club. Drinking. Flirting. French kissing. Doing adult things. Spending our tuition fees and allowances our dads gave us. Consequently, as my father and a police officer rolled into one, he dumped me here in our private rest house as a disciplinary action.

"Arrrrrrgh!" I badly missed what I am doing back there. I slammed my right fist onto the pazamano. I took a shot of a cheap brandy and bowed my head. Suddenly, I saw someone under the night light passed by our front yard. Ooh-la-la! It was our neighbor, Katrina. Walking gracefully, she stopped to a rose plant and stared as if she was examining it.

"Lust at first sight," was our motto whenever we go to our favorite hideout. And when I first saw Katrina, my mind started messing about ideas that I really liked and craved the most. Ideas about doing things in which I excelled at.

She was still staring at the flower that is as red as her lips, I managed to go down. I want to execute the thoughts that my libido dictating me to do. It was a month ago when I last did it. I tiptoed, not to spoil the plan that I had floating in my head, and halted when I was just few meters away. I concealed myself to an ornamental bamboo. I tried to look at her in between the tiny, leafy trunks of the grass.

I can now see her clearer. Omy! She was smiling. Her candid beauty made my hormones tantrum abruptly. I bit my lower lip. She aimed her right hand to a full-bloomed flower to picked it off.

"Ouuuuuch!" She was pierced by the flower's little thorns. Her interjection gave me more thirst. I felt something beneath my pajamas.

I was about to reveal myself and walked towards her when all of a sudden, she put off her upper clothes gently.

My eyes widened to what I witnessed. I was dumbfounded. Froze to death.

She spread her bat-like wings and flew upward, in the clear, starry night, leaving her lower part still standing.

I felt something beneath my pajamas. Something watery liquid and warm.