Secret Out

(Fred's POV)

I walked down the hall to walk to Hogsmeade. I needed to get out, to get away from the mistake I made the night before. Alex wouldn't want to see me. I could tell, and now I knew how George felt the day that he knew Alex didn't want to see him. 

I threw an extremely bouncy ball George invented onto the floor and walked as the ball bounced from the floor to the ceiling in front of me. It changed colors and was hard to spot from time to time.

I sighed. Where is George anyway?

I grabbed the ball and continued walking. I spotted some first years trying to do their essays for Snape.

"Hey," one of them walked up to me, "could you help us with writing this essay?"

I took the boy's paper. "Wow... I've forgotten about this stuff." I studied the paper about sleeping draught. "That would probably be really fun to use."

The kids smiled.

"Weasley!" I turned to Proffesor McGonagall.

"Yes, Proffessor?"

She seemed to glare at me. "You're coming with me."

"All right." I smiled, hoping to charm my way out of whatever this was.

However, I walked with McGonagall all the way to her office where not surprisingly I found George. He waved at me with a grin and I jumped a bit when I saw Alex. She seemed to have nod at me. The three of us sighed as I sat down.

McGonagal sat in her chair, hands together. "You are not in trouble."

All of our shoulders relaxed.

"However, the next time you decide to share candy do so in a way that does not involve some students becoming unconscious because of one hitting their head." Her brows crashed together. "We had several students complain about it, and I'm tired of it."

"So what you're saying is that if no one complained we would have been fine?" I grinned.

"No! I'm just tired of the complaints. Therefore, my anger was increased." She sighed. "The main reason you are here is because Dumbledore is concerned that you went into a forest and past the school grounds. He asks that you not do that. I demand you don't."

"Yes, Proffessor."

McGonagall smiled. "I'm sure you three know the explanation of it, so I'll save you the lecture. You can go. But please be very careful. We don't know what Sirius will do next."

The three of us stood up and left to the common room. That's when the real mischief began.

I grinned the entire time Alex was pacing in the room, waiting for her to tell us why she would run off somewhere on some nights. George sighed every once in a while, uncomfortably thinking I forced Alex to tell us.

She stopped pacing. "Okay, you have to promise to not tell anyone about what I'm going to tell you."

"Of course we won't." George and I smiled.

Alex spoke quickly. "Professor Lupin is a werewolf."

My eyes widened.

George leaned forward. "Wh-what?"

Alex took a deep breath. "That's the reason I run off without you guys some nights. I make sure he doesn't hurt anyone." She looked from George to me. "He needs my help to make sure no one gets hurt."

My brows furrowed. "You're joking."

Alex's eyes narrowed at me.

"You're not joking. Okay." I sat up straight.

George sighed, standing up. "He does realize that Sirius Black is on the move, right?"

Alex nodded. "Of course he does."

"Then why would he--"

"I suggested it." Alex's eyes locked with George's. "I am the one who wanted to help him, so against his word, I do so."

George stared at Alex, trying to stare her down, but everything was silent as they stared at each other. The more they stared, the more George's eyes softened. Alex's expression seemed worried and fragile, as if she was trying to be strong against Gerorge.

George closed his eyes. "All right, but we will escort you."

Alex bit her bottom lip. "Yeah... I didn't tell Lupin that I was going to tell you, and he would rather have his werewolf secret remain a secret." She lowered her head."So. Escort me halfway?"

George rolled his eyes.

I stood up. "Deal."