Chapter 2

Date: 14th December, 2015.

Edited on: 20th June, 2016.

"If you can love me again,
I can let go of everything"

ALASKA'S POV

It was eight in the night on Friday and Blaze and I were watching 'She's The Man' in my bedroom. We were lounging on my bed with covers thrown on our legs and candy packets surrounding us. Since we were kids, we had this, um, tradition, Friday night was a movie night. Sometimes Blaze would stay over and sometimes he'd return home after hours of movie marathons. We basically pigged out and survived on junk food. Gummy bears, ice cream, pizza, you name it, we ate it.

I was snuggled up upto his chest and had my head resting just where his heart was. He was so warm and muscular. Cuddly. The perfect pillow. Nothing better than being all cozied up to your crush.

I craned my head upwards to look at him. Instead of watching the movie, Blaze was constantly texting on his phone, no doubt with a fucking blonde bimbo. They were his type. Tall, thin, blonde and dumb with no self respect.

He has a great taste in girls, I thought bitterly to myself.

His texting, oops, sexting somehow irritated me but I stayed mum. Besides I couldn't tell him to stop, I'm not his mom.

I huffed, getting angry and looked over at Blaze again. He was now watching the movie. It was just about to end. His phone dinged again and he eagerly picked it up. After the read the text, his face lit up and a slow smirk crept up to his face. I knew that look. He's going to get laid.

"Hey Nov, I gotta bounce. Later." Do you know what the best part was? He was excited.

I lazily got up, rolling over to the other side of the bed. He quickly stood up, walked over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead. He waved and walked towards the door.

"Bye, Nov." He threw over his shoulder.

As he was leaving, I shouted out, "Goodbye asshole."

"Language", my mother shouted from the guest room, no doubt cleaning up. I rolled my eyes. As if she doesn't swear in front of me.

And who even cleans at this hour of the night? She has problems.

Blaze merely chuckled and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

A few moments later, I could hear a car door open and shut and an engine come to life. Blaze quickly backed the car and drove away fast. He did this once in a few months. Cutting down our movie nights, I mean.

After I was done with the last fifteen minutes of the movie, I was left alone on a Friday night. Isn't this just dandy? I plugged my iPhone in the music system and turned up the volume to the maximum. I scrolled through Apple Music to find some good song. Once I settled for my favourite song, I clicked play. As it started, I sung out loud.

"They would yell, they would scream, they were fighting it out
She would hope, she would pray, she was waiting it out
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down
Sharp words like knives, they were cutting her down
Shattered glass like the past, it's a memory now
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down.