Chap 6: Suprise!

Jade woke up a couple months after their adventure. She felt as if she was about to throw up, and she ran to the bathroom. She threw up in the toilet and whipped her mouth. She felt a hand on her back.
"You ok, Jade?" Dan asked nervously.
"Yah. Might have ate something badly yesterday." She said turning to him. Jade knew it wasn't that she ate something bad. It was that she was pregnant. She's felt sick the past three days. She knew she couldn't tell Dan. He would get stressed and mad, the worst kind of Dan. She got up and turned to him. He smiled at her and grabbed her waist and kissed her on the forehead. She stood on her tip toes to kiss him on the lips. Her eyes glimmered with happiness.
"Im so nervous, Danny." She said with a sigh as she walked out of the bathroom and to her closet.
"Greenie"-Dan's name for Jade because 1) Jades are green and 2) She is in love with the Maze Runner-" you will be fine my love. You are fit for this job." He leaned against of the door frame to the bathroom.
"How about if i fail, how bout if i fumble on my words, how about-" Jade started saying.
"Jade, you will be fine, dont think of the what-ifs." Dan said smiling.
"Mmhm." She said mumbling. She took out a short black dress, plus a white cardigan and walked down stairs. Dan ran after her.
"I hope you know you need to eat something healthy for the job and also for the..." He looked down at her stomach. "Well, you know."
She almost spilled the milk she was pouring.
"Wait WHAT?!" She screamed, her eyes open widely. "Dan, how the hell do you know?"
"What you think I dont know what girls do when they are pregnant?" Dan said laughing.
"Well.. Yah..." She said looking down.
"Jade, Im 29, please dont forget that. I know more than you do most likely."
"Forgot.." She mumbled.
He walked over to the fridge and pulled out yogurt. She leaned over the banister that was blocking her view from Dan and saw baby food sitting on the top shelf of the fridge.
"DANNNN." She screamed. "HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN I WAS PREGNANT?"
"For about two months." He said, grabbing granola.
"What do you mean?" She asked, curiously.
" You mumbled it in your sleep." He said smiling to himself. "You like to talk a lot and sleep walk."
"That makes sense how I woke up on the kitchen table." She said laughing.
"Yep." He said, with a Plop in the distance. He handed Jade a bowl filled with a pink whipped substance with banana flavored granola on top. A little strawberry sat in the corner looking very lonely. Dan had doodled a little smiley face with the edible marker Jade owned for baking.
"Haha. Very funny, my sweets." She said, taking a spoonful of the yogurt and stuffing it in her mouth. She looked at the clock. It read 8:03 am.
"DAN" She screamed. "IM GOING TO BE LATE FOR MY NEW JOB YOU IDIOT!" She ran out of the room, grabbing her keys, galaxy converse and ran out the door.
"I LOVE YOU DAN!" She screamed as she shut the door closed with a bang.
"Love you too..." He trailed off.
Later that day: Jade at work.
Jade walked into the glass elevator and pressed the 10 button. A girl next the her with blonde hair and light pink tips stood next to her.
"Im not the only one in all of London to wear crazy hair, awesome." She said to her self. But she didnt realize she said it too loudly.
"I thought the same thing." The blonde haired girl said, smiling back at her. "What are you here for?"
"New job." She said. "I wanna help create improvements to prosthetics."
"Awesome." She smiled, her white teeth sparkled.
"And you?" Jade asked her. The elevator dinged and the door flew open. They walked together.
"Want to become an architect. Create new buildings to make the world, well better. Basically use my creativity in a way I have never." She said.
"Wow. Thats really super cool." Jade said
"Thanks." The girl said. "What's your name by the way?"
"Jade, and yours?"
"Ember."
Jade stopped in her tracks. She stared at her. "Wait Ember?"
"Yah..." Ember said looking at her.
"You didn't by any way go to Springrose Middle school in California, now did you." She started.
"I did.. I was the graduating year of 2008." Ember said.
"EMBER!" Jade screamed. Everyone around her looked at her weirdly. "Ember.. I havent seen you.. Since what happened."
"Jade?" She asked, starting to connect everything together. "That can't be you. Your so grown up. You're hair.. Everything. Even your belly. Twins, i bet." She winked at her.
"I still hate you for always thinking I was going to have twins." Jade said.
"Jade Howell, i repeat, Jade Howell, please report to room 103. Jade walked away smiling, well aware of Ember's jaw dropping.
At home
Jade ran up the stairs to her flat and pushed the door open. She laughed as she walked in.
"Good day, I expect." Said Dan, sitting on a bean bag watching YouTube. His eyes were glued onto the screen.
"Good day?! That does't even describe it, Dans." She ran to him and kissed him square on the lips. He laughed and shut the computer as Jade sat down, taking her hair out of her ponytail and let it lie on her shoulders.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Oh so much." She said beaming. "The manager realllyyyyyyy liked me, so I'm starting next week. I also told him I was pregnant and due in a couple months so if I wasnt there, that would be why." She took a breath." And guess who I met???"
"Who, Barney?" He asked sarcastically.
"No, you buttface." She said, ready to slap him. "Ember."
"Wait, Ember Red?" He stood up.
"No, Ember Paper." She said, rolling her eyes. "Obviously Embs!! She works in my building. It's amazing."
"You haven't seen her in so long!" He said, hugging Jade.
"I know!" She screamed, tears of happiness running down her face. "I know!"
"Now I get why you're so happy!" He said, his voice muffled in her shoulder. He set her down.
"I miss her a lot, Dan. Like a lot." She sighed.
"I know, greenie, i know." He said leaning against the couch arm rest.
"Hey guess what i also learned."
"Mmm." Dan said.
"Phil is dating someone else."