Chapter 4

"Ashlyn, you must be so excited. You're going to be a Ranger," Jenny said cheerfully. Ashlyn smiled at her. "Congratulations to you to Jenny. I know you're going to do great as a cook," Ashlyn turned to Alyss, "Same to you to Alyss, You're going to be an amazing Courier."
"Thanks Ashlyn, that really means a lot," Alyss said. Ashlyn saw George coming through the doorway.
    "George, have fun in Scribeschool incase I don't see you tomorrow," Ashlyn told her Ward mate. She soon saw Horace coming into the room.
    "Hey Horace," Ashlyn called. "Don't get yourself too beat up in Battleschool alright. That's my job."
    "Yeah yeah, whatever you say," he replied with a smile. "Now get over here. I might not get to see you tomorrow morning." Ashlyn walked over and gave Horace a hug. She the walked to the others to give them a hug.
"I'm going to go see what Will's doing." Ashlyn said and then left to go find Will. Ashlyn walked around looking for Will. She went to his favorite tree and saw him on one of the branches. She started climbing and sat next to him.
"Hey Will," Ashlyn said softly.
"Hey," he replied gloomily.
"It's all gonna turn out okay, I promise you. You may not have gotten into Battleschool, but, trust me, you are not destined to a life of farm work. You might have to work for a few weeks, or months, or maybe even years, but if you feel like you don't belong on a farm, then you don't." Will turned to her and smiled.
"Thanks Ashlyn. I hope you do well in your Ranger training," he said a little more cheerfully.
"No problem. I'm sure it will all work out," Ashlyn said. Then climbed down the tree, leaving Will to his thoughts.

A/n
So I decided that I should do a double update because I felt bad for not updating for a while. I know this is a little short. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to tell me. Also, should Ashlyn have a love interest. It can't be Will because they have more of a brother-sister bond. Also tips are welcomed. I'm not much of a romance writer. Horace and Ashlyn do get along well just not when Will and Horace are fighting. I made it sound like Ashlyn hated him.
Peace out
-Catherine