Prologue

Human lives don't have a purpose. They have always been heading in different directions, and humans still ask the big question: "What is the meaning of life?"

After countless trips to the library, I always was captured by one fact: Even though humans know that question can't be answered, they still ask it. They ask simpler questions such as "what if we did know? What if there were people that knew their meaning, their purpose?"

Well there are.

And, like the rest of my kind, I know my purpose. I know my meaning. All of my kind have the same purpose. No theories, no interpretations. Everyone is equal. Everyone suffers and lives like everyone else. Everyone thrives and dies in this beautiful world and watches it disappear in front of them. Everyone waits, but nobody questions anything. 

Nothing is a mystery in the shadow domain. But earth? Earth was the most exciting mystery. 

As I walked one step closer to seeing my purpose, I knew I would return here. I couldn't just forget my friends, and the girl I loved. There was so much I had left to do here. I just hoped that I could return with my purpose, and I hoped that my human purpose had figured out hers. 

Human lives don't have a purpose, but once they meet my kind, they don't care to find their purpose. I will be the meaning of her life as she is the meaning of mine. I hope.